Samsung un70nu6900 power supply issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung un70nu6900 power supply issue

let me check into this and i will let you know.

Comment

Ok.

Comment

let me do these steps and ill post my results.

Comment

I haven't tried the tape as of yet, but I unplugged the main ribbon cables one at a time again. And tv stay on with blue screen but no picture or sound no matter which ribbon cables undone.

Comment

I unplugged the top ribbon cable from the main board turn the tv on, I plugged the ribbon cable back in while the tv was on now it works like it should. have not tried turning off and back on, what do you think the problem could be giving the Fack that its working like new with what I did?

Comment

Use a WHITE eraser and clean the contacts on the ribbon cables.

Comment

I’ll try this thank you.

Comment

I tried to White eraser no luck I replace the ribbon cables with other cables I had for Samsung TV and I get the same results, off on off on but if I replicate what I did I let the TV boot up then plugging in the top ribbon cable I get a picture with no problem. If I turn the TV off and try to just turn it back on it goes back to the off on off Any ideas what I can do to try to fix this.

Comment

Thank you Lotas and Capleaker for the help still having the problem described above. If the was panel was bad I wouldn’t think the picture would be perfect when I get to work.

Comment

It stay on with no picture when disconnecting one cable at a time if I leave top cable undone until it completely on then put it back I get the picture with no problems. Can leave on all day it doesn't turn off, when I turn it off I have to redo the cable again but will go right back to working.

Comment

Well... well... well... I guess she is trying to be a lil b*tch! You probably going to need a 100mhz oscilloscope and a DMM. You can check the LVDS pairs on the main board with the oscilloscope and flick the menu on and off and look for changes on the o-scope screen. Make sure that the main board sends all the appropriate voltages and signals. Then I would check the long skinny board on the bottom of the TV and check for voltages there. You have to figure out which of them 2 boards causing the problem. Note everything down on paper working vs non working. Go from there.
                        It seems like the TV recovers if you use a specific ribbon. That should tell you on which side of the panel the problem is.
                        I don't think that it is a panel itself. Maybe take the long skinny board with the tab bonds out in a way so you can inspect it. But be real careful not to damage or rip the tabs.
                        A main board is no problem to get, but the long skinny board with the tab bonds only comes with the panel
                        Last edited by CapLeaker; 10-16-2022, 04:11 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6gkuTP7Lt0

Comment

I just seen your post I have to out but as I’m back I’ll look at what you sent thank you

Comment

I did the tape on the ribbon cable got it to come on with the remote but the color on the left side is washed out. If I unplug the ribbon cable and plug it back in without the tape I’ll get a full colorful picture no problems as long as the TV is powered up prior to hooking up the top ribbon cable.

Comment

I want to thank everyone for help with this, I have came to The resolution that is the chip in the LCD board as I previously posted TV works perfect when I unhook the cable and plug it just before the TV boot up. I had a TV with a cracked screen same model Changed all the boards and cables just to see it had the same results.

Comment

Yes, Samsung has recently had a lot of defective panels, they die very often, as well as backlight problems.

Comment

Working...
                                  X