Dell C1660w excess toner keeps getting onto drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell C1660w excess toner keeps getting onto drum

Bought this colour laser printer dead and brought it back from to working order, so I have no idea how much use it's had/what its storage conditions have been before it came to me.

It is working but leaves repeating horizontal yellow lines about 2" long from the right side of each page, as well as a vertical black line at the far right. Opening the rear after each print there is visibly a lot of loose toner on the drum. If I clean it off and print again it just gets covered in mostly yellow toner again.

Any ideas? The cartridges are compatibles as Dell no longer make them, so I'm not sure if that's related.
    Attached Files
    Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Re: Dell C1660w excess toner keeps getting onto drum

if you get banding with a laser printer,
    it's either the high voltage supply failing or not connecting to the drum properly, or the coating on the drum failing 99% of the time.

Comment

Tried to take it apart to have a better look and unfortunately seem to have wrecked it even worse now. When trying to print it immediately goes from green light to orange light with "paper jam or no paper in tray" without any attempt to pull the paper up. Can't figure it out for the life of me, any idea what the heck I've done to it? Can't find any sensors that could be causing it

EDIT - now it's trying to take paper up - it reaches the first small feed roller then stops there (like 1" in)
      Last edited by spleenharvester; 10-12-2022, 01:58 PM.
      Dell E7450 | i5-5300U | 16GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD

Comment

looking at the fucking mess in there, you probably need to clean all the rubber rollers used to move the paper

Comment

Working...
        X