Yamaha RXV 465 no display and power problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yamaha RXV 465 no display and power problem

Also, let me apologize for butting in on another discussion. I just saw a thread on a Yamaha receiver and thought this would be a good place to make an inquiry. Thanks.

Comment

Normally its best to start your own thread, but anyway, what is wrong with the relay?
      Digikey Z5885-ND, Omron G5RL-1A-E-TV8 DC5 might be what you are looking for.
      Last edited by R_J; 07-22-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Or 255-6211-ND Panasonic LKQ1AF-5V-TV-8

Comment

My kid is bi-polar and she threw the board (Control 2) at me and the top popped off the relay and something(s) came out and I never found what it was.I'm new and couldn't find the actual replacement. Everything I found was out of stock. Thank you for the help!

Comment

Hi R_J,

Here are further updates on this long Pending problem,

Upon isolating few components i found

When L405 was removed, the short remained between +3.3DSP and DGND

When L409 was removed, the short to DGND at one pin of L409 is gone but other pin is shorted to DGND and when L408 was removed, L408's one is shorted to DGND.

C488 and C489 were removed of the ckt and tested, they are good.

So now, either one or more of the SMD capacitors are SHORTED or the DVDD, CVDD and VSS pins of the "No Replacement Part Available" DSP IC ( IC 44 ) is BAD.

i am afraid if the DSP IC is bad then will i be able to get this changed or is it worth doing it ?

Kindly input your views.

Regards,
            Hemant.

Comment

Finally confirmed that the dsp ic was bad..with shorted dgnd and +3.3 dsp and in an attempt to remove itof the board with hit air gun..i think i have also fried the uP..now its all DEAD.

Now i will have to keep this aside but whenever i'll come across this model i will try getting its digital board repalced in cheap offers..may be or use its resources as spares for another yamaha model..

R_J, it was really nice working with you..i appreciate your help and expect the same goes on in furture.

Thanks again to this forum..

Soon will be back with another receiver.

Bye for now.
              Hemant

Comment

Working...
              X