Gainward Rampage 700 GLH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gainward Rampage 700 GLH

I received a dead videocard and the first step is to verify the disassembled fans.
    Can you help me with the meaning of fan colors for the vents?! I must improvise custom fans to keep cool the card for booting.

Re: Gainward Rampage 700 GLH

Solved with the fans.

Comment

So dust all over, one of the vents has the sectioned section, both being detached from the owner without knowing how to fit them again. In addition, the thermoconductor paste was badly hardened.
      After a quick cleaning I've reassembled everything but when booting I got the 2A and 2E errors, that's seems to be a bad videocard. One GPU is slightly warming, the first to the left of the image, so seems to work.

Because this plate is already on a different level, diagnosis and eventual repair are very complex.
      Is it worth the effort ?!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by alindumitru46; 04-22-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alindumitru46 View Post
        Because this plate is already on a different level, diagnosis and eventual repair are very complex.
        Is it worth the effort ?!
        I see your video card is a Radeon HD4870 X2, so your issue is probably bad GPU chip. Just re-heat / reflow the card and see if that brings it back to life. If it does, edit and reflash the BIOS so that the fans are always running and keeping the card at no more than 60C temperature under full load... which could be a challenge, given that the HD4870 has a power dissipation of over 250 Watts , if I remember correctly.

As to weather it's worth it... that depends on how valuable your time is and if you like doing this. That said, HD4870 X2 video cards still have some value in working condition (typically selling for $10-30 on eBay right now). So could be worth a shot with the reflow.
        Last edited by momaka; 05-25-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X