Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell XPS 9370 BIOS fix needed.

Originally posted by U_pasta View Post
    could you explain how you extracted the BIOS files from the dell .exe file?

I apologize for the English.

grateful for the attention
    Decompress Dell UEFI BIOS
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Re: Dell Xps 13 9370 bios

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try..
      THENKSSSS FRENDS Peste

Comment

I have a Dead Dell XPS13 9370 With Corrupted Bios

here is the report of ME Analyzer v1.148.4 r209
        Code:
        ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
        ║     CorruptedDELL9370LA-E671P.bin (1/1)      ║
        ╟─────────────────────────────────────┬──────────────────╢
        ║        Family        │   CSE ME   ║
        ╟─────────────────────────────────────┼──────────────────╢
        ║        Version        │  11.8.90.3987  ║
        ║        Release        │  Production  ║
        ║         Type        │  Extracted   ║
        ║         SKU         │  Corporate LP  ║
        ║        Chipset        │  SPT/KBP-LP C  ║
        ║   TCB Security Version Number   │    3     ║
        ║    Version Control Number    │    320    ║
        ║      Production Ready     │    Yes    ║
        ║    Power Down Mitigation    │    No    ║
        ║    Lewisburg PCH Support    │    No    ║
        ║     OEM Configuration     │    No    ║
        ║         Date        │  2021-06-03  ║
        ║     File System State     │  Initialized  ║
        ║         Size        │   0x603000   ║
        ║      Flash Image Tool     │  11.6.0.3307  ║
        ║        Latest        │    Yes    ║
        ╚═════════════════════════════════════╧══════════════════╝

Note: This CSE ME firmware was not found at the database, please report it!
        I couldn't find proper version of tools and firmware to fix it, can anyone do it for me please?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PCRider View Post
          I have a Dead Dell XPS13 9370 With Corrupted Bios

I couldn't find proper version of tools and firmware to fix it, can anyone do it for me please?
          It's Cor LP C.
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-27-2022, 02:11 PM.

Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
            It's Cor LP C.
            So? Can i fix it?
            Where should i report this?
            "Note: This CSE ME firmware was not found at the database, please report it!"
            Last edited by PCRider; 05-27-2022, 06:02 PM.

Comment

There is no more error on ME Analyzer, I compiled new version of it by pyinstaller and attached it to this post
              well, well, i have checked all voltages based on compal schematic and everything was OK, MEC5105 has no sign of life with the current bios but when i program other bios files which i collected from internet it will start by power button and shows 3 times white LED and 3 times orange LED blinking on and on, i cleaned ME and EC image region but nothing changed, still no sign of life with my own bios even when i cleaned ME and EC region of it, anyone has any idea? what is wrong?
              Attached Files

Comment

There is no more error on ME Analyzer, I compiled new version of it by pyinstaller and attached it to this post
                well, well, i have checked all voltages based on compal schematic and everything was OK, MEC5105 has no sign of life with the current bios but when i program other bios files which i collected from internet it will start by power button and shows 3 times white LED and 3 times orange LED blinking on and on, i cleaned ME and EC image region but nothing changed, still no sign of life with my own bios even when i cleaned ME and EC region of it, anyone has any idea? what is wrong?
                Try
                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Try
                  Thanks for replay, i flashed and checked it, nothing happened, no change, still power key do nothing, it is dead with this flash content and with others just blinking LED

Comment

Thanks for replay, i flashed and checked it, nothing happened, no change, still power key do nothing, it is dead with this flash content and with others just blinking LED
                    this bios flash it reply me
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks everyone, I have fixed my bios and laptop is working again, without your bios samples was hardly possible to do this, i figure it out ec region is for an arm based processor and you can't fix it by FIT even if you extract ec program from executable bios updates, i easily fixed it with IDA pro, I share my fixed bios here for others to use if they need, you can use hex compare to see how two bytes can stop a healthy hardware to work
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I have a Dell 9370 (board version CAZ60 LA-E671P), the symptoms are: it turns on, keyboard lights up, fans spin, but no post, and it turns off after 20 sec or so. I checked the board, visual check OK, no shorts, MOSFET's measure fine, memory + CPU resistances OK, there is correct voltage on all rails. So I guess it is a BIOS issue.

I am not good with ME cleaning/BIOS repairing, could someone help me with fixing this? I prefer the newest BIOS version with DMI info transferred. I have attached a BIOS dump.

I thank you very much in advance for your help!

Cheers,

sect-sin
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sect-sin View Post
                          Hi,

I have a Dell 9370 (board version CAZ60 LA-E671P), the symptoms are: it turns on, keyboard lights up, fans spin, but no post, and it turns off after 20 sec or so. I checked the board, visual check OK, no shorts, MOSFET's measure fine, memory + CPU resistances OK, there is correct voltage on all rails. So I guess it is a BIOS issue.

I am not good with ME cleaning/BIOS repairing, could someone help me with fixing this? I prefer the newest BIOS version with DMI info transferred. I have attached a BIOS dump.

Cheers,

sect-sin
                          Your XPS 13 9370
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Cheers,

sect-sin
                            I see two strings in your dump looks like service tag (SVCTGG1-DGKXNQ2), but non of them give me result in dell site.
                            Anyway try this and let me know.
                            Attached Files
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                            all donations are welcome,
                            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                            >>>>>
                            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi all,

I tried hoaca388's BIOS first, and it worked marvelously!!! Just so other people know, first it dropped a blink error code for low CMOS battery (which is already a very good sign, as with the corrupted BIOS there were no error codes at all). After changing the CMOS battery, it dropped a blink error code for wrong memory installed, which was weird, as it comes with soldered-on memory. After a power down-power up sequence it POST'ed and works like a charm though, so I guess it was only adjusting memory timings.

I thank you very much both for the fixed BIOSes, you are both very great!

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Hoaca,

I have a small problem with your BIOS file though. There should be a Windows 10 key in the BIOS, I am missing that, and the Dell site does not automatically identify my notebook for driver download based on the service tag (this is not such a big problem).

Could you tell me whether there is a Windows key in the DMI of my old BIOS? Is it possible that your fixed BIOS does not have DMI information?

I thank you very much in advance for your reply.

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

hoaca,

i have a small problem with your bios file though. There should be a windows 10 key in the bios, i am missing that, and the dell site does not automatically identify my notebook for driver download based on the service tag (this is not such a big problem).

Could you tell me whether there is a windows key in the dmi of my old bios? Is it possible that your fixed bios does not have dmi information?

Cheers,

sect-sin
                                  jmqdx-xn****************
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-14-2022, 10:41 PM. Reason: redacted
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                  all donations are welcome,
                                  see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                  >>>>>
                                  click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                  Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hoaca,

I have a small problem with your BIOS file though. There should be a Windows 10 key in the BIOS, I am missing that, and the Dell site does not automatically identify my notebook for driver download based on the service tag (this is not such a big problem).

Could you tell me whether there is a Windows key in the DMI of my old BIOS? Is it possible that your fixed BIOS does not have DMI information?

Cheers,

sect-sin
                                    DMI and windows key are already in that file.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

DMI and windows key are already in that file.
                                      Hi,

This is strange, Windows should detect the integrated key, but it doesn't. And I am not getting any kind of Message from BIOS that manufacture mode is active. Thank you anyway for the info, I will add the key manually.

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Re: Dell XPS 9370 BIOS fix needed.

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                        try..
                                        Very Nice Thank you

Comment

Hello friends,

I have this dell xps 9370
                                          CAZ61 LA-E671P Motherboard with some issues.
                                          2 amber and 5 white.
                                          May be this a bios issue?
                                          there's the original bios file.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X