This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, just a guy sorting out a laptop one headache at a time.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Comment

Hello
        Im trying to make this old laptop boot again, ill look around

Comment

Hello all, came across this forum today troubleshooting a plasma - will make the effort to help if I can.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hi everyone!

Comment

Hello everyone, Tim from the Netherlands here. I have a MSc degree in Computer Science and been fiddling - both profesionally and privately - with many kinds of soft- and hardware since the mid 80's. Fondly remember creating a PCB for expanding the memory of my first computer - an Atari 800 XL - to 256 Kb of ram and writing ramdisk software in 6502 assembly to exploit it. The thing still works, we had a nice retro-computing gaming frenzy with the family over the recent holiday weeks.
                Came here specifically to sort out an issue with the Pioneer KRL-37V from the guest appartment in our basement, maybe it will get it's own thread if I can't find a solution within the information gathered here.

Cheers,
                Tim

Comment

I was just looking into how I could test the charging circuit in a CyberPower 1350AVR UPS and Google was kind enough to bring me here. Started my working life as a Navy Electronic Technician - Communications.

Comment

Hi there,
                    got myself a weird problem with Lenovo T520 laptop where it will turn off if both AC and battery are connected simultaneously.
                    It runs CPU on 800MHz only if the battery is not installed and only AC connected.
                    Works as expected with only battery enabled, but obviously only until the battery is discharged.

Will try to look for answers on this forum. Really like this one.

Regards,
                    Andrii

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm quite new in electronics and laptop repair as well. However I do my best
                      I've already got through some topics here and I think you're doing excellent job.
                      To help the community here, if you need any technical data regarding Lenovo PCBAs, I can help with that.

Looking forward to fruitful discussions,

Paul

Comment

Hello to all 😀😀

Comment

My first learning how to repair laptop ....... from your forum��!!thnx again.

Comment

Hello, I', looking to get help fixing a monitor I just got.

Comment

Hi Everybody,
                              Glad to find so many like minded people banded together.
                              Pretty much started on the Sinclair ZX81 and that was real Programming, went on to my First Job working on the Building Memory boards (128mb) for the Apple II series, then memory boards for the IBM XT, AT machines (384mb). Was there at the Launch in 1984 of the Macintosh (Take me out for a Test Drive) so took many an Apple, IBM and Compaq to pieces for repairs. Went on to work for Laskys/ Comet repair centre covering Consumer computer equipment, all Sinclair products, ZX Spectrum (all the Ram Blown), all Commodores, Amstrads, and any extra audio or tv work that would need doing.

From there went into Repairing Office Machines out in the Field and pretty much worked my way up to Troubleshooter over 24 years. Heavy Office Machines were my undoing and after a 2nd Herniated disk I was forced to quit.
                              During my Time off I went back to college and prepped myself to go off to University to study Psychology as what could be so different to Fixing Machines, Stats & Maths that's what the big difference is.
                              So for the last 10 years I have been an Avid Apple Fan, no more spending wasted days reinstalling friends Corrupt Windows installations.

And now finally I have been Laid up with 3 Herniated disks & 1 x Trapped Sciatic nerve in a 4th and just found out I have also a Very Rare Cyst on my Spine, so I have been stuck in 1 x room pre Covid 19, figuring out what things to keep me Busy- as Goal Setting is very important.

I have now been studying all I can about Component Repair on MacBooks and I am now looking forward to using my Fault Finding Systems from all of the years. 1. Symptom 2. Cause 3. Solution in helping me and anyone else dealing with Fault Finding, as with all Repair Work, you need to become the Electronic Detective. (Can Todays Repair Work get any smaller?)

If anyone can provide any Great Source Material, that would be Great....

Comment

Hi guys, My name Valeri I am electronics technician just decided to join your forums. I found this place when I was searching for capacitors for replacing the bad Samsung TV UN65KS8500FXZA power board.

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                  Worked with electronic off and on for many years.
                                  Jack of a lot of trades but master of none. Work on about anything that's needs repaired.
                                  Hope I can pick a few brains to learn every more.

Comment

Hi just checking in after a long time

Comment

Hi Team,

I am Giriesh, joined this forum as a newbee to explore the electronic components and to know how the way it controls the devices.

Comment

Hi Team,

Im computer tech fol long time, about 15 years. Im happy to discover this forum with lots of excelent themes and repair guide

Comment

Hi guys, I work at a TV parts place in the US. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here. Thanks for having me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X