This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi there I am tempting to repair my Acer Aspire 4736 which automatically shutdown when its half way loading windows...many information i gain from the forum hope to solve my problem

Comment

Thanks for the intro everyone. I too love to fix things when possible. I am currently annoyed with a Plasma TV issue that I am having issues with and hope someone with more experience can give some advice. Happy New Year!!

Comment

Hi, I have used this site a few times to solve some friends issues for their TV's before, but I finally have my own question to fix mine, so I registered!

Comment

Hi, I am Danby and I am trying to fix a Panasonic Plasma TV model TC-P50U50 with the "in-famous" 8 blinking lights.

Comment

Hi, I'm Kev and a computer / network engineer. I hate seeing people throw good electronics away just because of a simple fault - or worse - because they've just bought the latest all-singing model and can't be bothered to give the old one away to someone who might appreciate it !

I'm always scouring ebay for broken bits n' bobs and although I'm not an electronics engineer, I can poke my way around a schematic and have managed to successfully repair several bits of kit using little more than a DMM and a helpful forum on the internet - which is where you come in ! ;-)

Right now, my first project is my sister-in-law's TV, a cheap thing that has gone nuts - but enough about her, I'm here to try to fix the TV ;-)

Hopefully I'll be able to assist others with what knowledge I have from my field and I can pick all of your brains and fill my house with repaired gear as a result :-)

Cheers for now !

Comment

Hi all, I am new here and would love to fix a some monitors and power supplies.

Cheers...

Petar

Comment

Hi everyone!

What a great site...........:-)

Comment

hi iam ftechno i am computer IT iam intresting to electronic thank you for that great forum

Comment

Hello name is jon..I'm a (a.s.e) master auto tech for a living n a certified plumber just cause I love knowledge. . I enjoy fixing things..plan and simple. I live for the saying another man's junk is another man's treasure. .learned it from my grandfather grew up with nothing new everything was found in trash n fixed!! I find playing with pc's n tv's enjoyable ..I have built coolling system for x boxs due to over heating..if it can be tweaked or fixed..I'm on it, lol.. I'm a gear head with adhd/add n o.c.d...that's the beast I can exsplan my self..nice to meet u all

Comment

Hi, I'm Memowolf and I love to repair PCs and other related hardware. Even fixed a couple of internal CDs back when they were a hundred bucks each. Let me know if you need any advice or help. Righ now I want to reset a BIOS password on a GT70 laptop.

Comment

Hey guys, longtime lurker here, I am a professional Electrical engineer by day, working in the automotive industry, have been doing industrial machine electrical maintenance for 20 years now, PLc's are my forte', I have taken up fixing LCD Tv's in my spare time and have repaired about 50 ( not all at componenet level ), really need to up my skills and knowledge a bit more ( and need help with a few tricky ones), I keep ending up at Badcaps for help so i thought i might as well join and say hello :-)

Comment

Hello my name is Jamie

Ive come here so I can try to get some tips and advice in regard to repairing our plasma TV.

I normally only repair iPads, iPhones but hey why not learn a little more.

Anyways talk soon

Cheers Jamie

Comment

Hello my name is Najmuddin...

I repair laptop and desktop computers... Starting to 'educate' myself in tablet repair as well...

Comment

Greetings guys!
                              Thanks for letting me join.

A teacher by profession and a freelance computer technician in my free time.

Found this site while searching for a remedy to a relative's laptop that I'm fixing. An amateur, compared to you guys here.

Quite lucky that I may be able to upgrade myself a bit more on electronics as well as computers as I really want to learn more in my spare time.

Comment

Hi guys found this forum while looking for info to repair my lg plasma. No sound or picture. Thanks for being there with all this info.

Comment

Alan 39 from Bayonne nj
                                  Worked for Siemens for 16 yrs. I loved my job installing and maintaining PBXs, aka telephone systems, but unfortunately technology has pushed me out of a job. The future is in the IP phones and they don't need my hands for that. The good old days of calling for help and me showing up has been replaced by someone from around the world on the telephone.
                                  I have been obsessed with electricity and electronics my whole life. I spent my childhood destroying my parents things and rebuilding them and got pretty good at it. I have recently taken an interest in the junk that is being sold to people these days. I'm sick and tired of people spending their money on things that break two days out of warranty. I've been trying to teach myself how to troubleshoot and fix TVs. Every time I research a problem on the web I come across this site and I am amazed at the group of people associated with it. I think it's unbelievable how everyone here gives their time to help each other and I look forward to learning and helping other people in the future.
                                  Thanks in advanced and I will put my time in once I'm educated.

Comment

Hello. My name is David and I've been interested in electronics at a very early age. At the age of 8 I "helped" my father build the ET-3400 Heathkit Microcomputer.

... after that I was hooked....
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi All!! I was on another forum and followed the link in a thread I was reading and ended up here I was actually a comm tech in the service a looong time ago, but haven't done anything in that field since I got out...a looong time ago I probably won't post much, but will 'lurk' quite a bit

Comment

Hello, I am new to the forum, I will deal with electronics and I hope to contribute to the forum.
                                        Greetings ...

Comment

Hello!
                                          I am new in this forum. I have been repairing computers and tv-s as a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                          X