Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UE43J5500AK picture issue

thanks for getting back to me nomoresonys

So do the pictures of the screen make you suspect a tab bonding issue? Just to confirm

Cheers!

Comment

Tough call, check this video, he had short reading on some of his tcon capacitors and traced it down to a shorted capacitor on his driver board. His symptom was different being no video but checking those tcon capacitors for shorts would be a good test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLd6QO7Z7m4

Comment

nomoresonys: you clearly don't know well theese panels, the video you linked have nothing to do with this thread

fuus: the problem is confirmed to be side drivers and it seems to both sides bad, for the truth the last picture it's not so clear, you choosed a too dark image to show, there is something maybe to study too, but it is almost a desperate situation, for your info some days ago i bought the same exact model with a cracked screen for my experiments, unfortunately seller showed in web listing pictures with a small cracked area and a big area of visible image but what i got is an entirely cracked screen and no image, i have opened it but i was doing some inspections yesterday evening, i have not dismounted all the screen for now. This to reveal if i'm correct there are no side tabs.. i can do it soon..maybe.. i can say right now what's the only source for your situation, i'm studying this technique to save a 50" Hisense, it is to cut a little 5-10mm portion of the side driver on th glass with a cutter to free the other side driver from a load down or up of the gates, in your sit. the most difficult is to understand if it is faulty only one side and which! Why i have bought a cracked screen tv? Simple, by seeing with a magnifier a portion of the gate drivers inglobated to the glass, i can see a drawing of circuits on it, i'ts not simple where to cut so i need tries on a cracked one
        Last edited by Davi.p; 11-20-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I have dismounted bezel and found what i said, no tabs on side.

Comment

Oki daviboy, suppose you tell us how you are so sure about this particular tv, where's the test for your diagnoses???

Comment

Davi P is right.

Comment

where's the test for your diagnoses???
                I can't test another one's TV, i have deeply tested my Hisense with same AUO brand panel and almost same or similar technology.. In mine i have only one side's bad G-driver (group of 5-6 rows), with an hair wide piece of adhesive tape i have blocked signal ST from tcon to panel and the most part of the defect gone, now i'm searching for a right model of led tv to make some experiments on it, i'm f***ing stubborn and i want to try solve its defect to near 100% repair.

Comment

What I'm saying is sometimes what you see on the screen can be deceiving, for example shadows and blotches can just be dust on a diffuser sheet and not a faulty panel. Yes I know this one doesn't have blotches, was just an example.

Comment

Please, i know what i'm saying, i would like to interact with Fuus, if you enlarge the thread he lost wish to continue..

Comment

No dictators here, don't think you have one either do you???? at any rate YOU are not one, you're just a RUDE AND CRUDE boy davi. maybe he's not interested in wasting his time doing an experimental hack job, that might burn down the house.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-22-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I don't understand your first row sorry, If i think you made no useful suggestions to him i'm free to say it and i'm free to say that i don't want to interact with you, let fuus to take a decision..

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                          maybe he's not interested in wasting his time doing an experimental hack job
                          If the TV can not be saved by conventional methods I'm perfectly happy to have a go with "experimental hack jobs" to expand the knowledge of the forum if nothing else. I don't think any forum member would intentionally supply dangerous fix instructions, an element of common sense must be used mind you.

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                          for the truth the last picture it's not so clear, you choosed a too dark image to show
                          If it helps I can tell you all the defects shown in the right hand side were mirrored to the left, there was no improvement in picture. If you'd like another picture I can take another?

If I am to understand you Davi, a partial fix may be possible by cutting a side tab? or it has no side tabs so it simply cannot be saved?

Thank you everyone for your input

Comment

Understandable fuss, hope you get it fixed, I just didn't like the way davi more or less tried to ordered me not to post.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              Understandable fuss, hope you get it fixed, I just didn't like the way davi more or less tried to ordered me not to post.
                              Please don't take offence, I have got a feeling English isn't Davi's first language so applaud him for making the effort to post. I feel sure he didn't mean to offend you at all

Comment

If it helps I can tell you all the defects shown in the right hand side were mirrored to the left, there was no improvement in picture. If you'd like another picture I can take another?
                                Yes, it was almost clear both sides lonely showed bad image, but i hope one of those show a little better image than the other, so you can guess on which side to make surgery. You have to cut directly to the glass, i'm still searching for an experiments tv, when i have time i will get one, so i can tell you where to cut exactly, i hope. To close the situation with nomoresonys, it's different to come here and tell vague tests and diagnosys than to tell things that i know for sure due to past experiences. Some techs does not accept an hobbist like me can tell mine on the field, i'm part of an Italian forum restricted to professionals, they almost never hear my suggestions, but after many pages of debate they often ends to give me reason/right...
                                Last edited by Davi.p; 11-26-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

"Vague" looks like your solution is the vaguest thing I've seen davi, so where is it????? or will it take ten years?
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-26-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Ok i'll shut up next time... if you are sure about what you say let we see (i already know the end..)
                                    Last edited by Davi.p; 11-27-2018, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                                      Yes, it was almost clear both sides lonely showed bad image, but i hope one of those show a little better image than the other, so you can guess on which side to make surgery. You have to cut directly to the glass, i'm still searching for an experiments tv, when i have time i will get one, so i can tell you where to cut exactly, i hope.
                                      Ah ok so with the side tabs missing you cut individual lines of pixels instead?
                                      I'll be honest I think this repair may have gone beyond my level of expertise, so I might stick the whole TV on eBay.

Davi if you find out any more about these style of issues please post up on here, even if it's in a year's time. I'm sure there are other forum members who could benefit from any pointers.

Cheers

Comment

Yes it needs almost a miracle to be salvaged.. i will post my results.. it's only a hobby and need time and patience to find correct materials, i have to decide if take the risk and go like a robbery to the local ecologic isle and search for that tv, or buy the third one spending 50 euro with the difficult resale of the boards..

Comment

Working...
                                        X