Macintosh SE Capacitor replacements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macintosh SE Capacitor replacements?

I'm currently working on disassembling my Macintosh SE FDHD. I would like to recap it. I've heard it's recommended to recap the analog board and the power supply, is it also recommended to recap the logic board? Also, does anyone have a capacitor list and maybe recommended replacements? I'm not familiar with what the Macintosh SE FDHD requires, but I have no issue with the actual process of replacing capacitors.

Re: Macintosh SE Capacitor replacements?

mac logic boards use mostly solid caps, you leave them.
    although i would check that varta battery.

Comment

I found this thread https://68kmla.org/forums/index.php?...d-be-recapped/

I agree I would leave the axial caps alone unless you see crusted leaking from them. I have a SE I opened up 2 years ago, caps looked fine so I left it alone, however I did lube the floppy drive eject mechanism, that would be a good idea if you still have it apart. ditto the pram battery, vartas were the better pram batteries along with tadiran. luckily its not a maxell as ive had one ruin a centris 610 by spilling its guts all over the logicboard.
      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
        I found this thread https://68kmla.org/forums/index.php?...d-be-recapped/

I agree I would leave the axial caps alone unless you see crusted leaking from them. I have a SE I opened up 2 years ago, caps looked fine so I left it alone, however I did lube the floppy drive eject mechanism, that would be a good idea if you still have it apart. ditto the pram battery, vartas were the better pram batteries along with tadiran. luckily its not a maxell as ive had one ruin a centris 610 by spilling its guts all over the logicboard.
        Thanks for the link and the advice, I've got the battery and holder on order to replace the original, as well as a replacement fan which is whining pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
        X