Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

old HP PRESARIO CQ60-202EL with Vista O.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old HP PRESARIO CQ60-202EL with Vista O.S.

HI guis ! I've and old HP PRESARIO CQ60-202EL with Vista O.S. I tried to update it to WIN 7 ultimate but when i try to install, it show to me this message: "Windows cannot be installed on a battery-powered computer. If battery power runs out during installation, some data may be lost. To continue the installation, connect the power supply." Infact, battery level 67% signs that is running without beeing charging. But the power supply led is white and cable gives 17,34 ouput DC Voltage. When i try to enter BIOS with F10 key, F10 key not works ! Only F9 key works (change hdd, dvd or usb boot). So, i tried to update BIOS and download sp45070.exe . When i try wflash.exe the system give a backup of old BIOS (bios.bak - 1063 kb) but is unable to flash the new BIOS (360AF54.WPH - 1063 kB). At this point the system gives to me this message: "PHOENIX WinPlash: BIOS update failed ! Failed to flash BIOS image: WINFLASH can not run in Battery Mode. Plug in AC and try again. BIOS is not flashable. Errore code: -144". Please HELP ME !! Thank you !! Luis

Re: old HP PRESARIO CQ60-202EL with Vista O.S.

will it run with battery removed ?

Comment

No. Without battery it doesn't run !!! It makes only two white led flashes (one of 3 led in front) when you push the power button.

Comment

Did you think i've to do something like in this video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In5JoDVlZ0Y

Comment

is it the correct charger 19v ?

Comment

I think they ran on 18.5 volts. Make sure you have an original or a proven good source, 19 v is ok. This seems like a hardware issue, check the dc in mosfet, first one.

Comment

Now these are some pictures about the above messages and bios files.
              Thank you at all !!!
              Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a two pin universal dc jack ? The middle pin on HP is to detect the charger.

Comment

No. It isn't an original ac charger.

Comment

I try so solve the problem with a chat with HP assistant in https://support.hp.com/.
                    They told to me to try press F11 key on reboot to entry in BIOS.
                    Also this solution doesn't work !

Comment

Working...
                    X