X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

masterpiece or simply ridiculous?

http://forum2.hkgolden.com/view.asp?message=438657

LOL!

Running a separate pair of wires for each capacitor would have been better from both an electrical and layout point of view...

Removing the old capacitors properly and soldering new ones in their spots would have been even better.

In any case, if the board works, he couldn't have fucked it up too badly... but I don't like the groups of parallel caps on long leads, especially with the thin cat5 wire. too much resistance/inductance, imho, to group all the caps together on it...

--Randy

Comment

reminds me of chinese firecrackers. We should do a thread with links to the worst cap replacement jobs. there are more

the translation is funny in places "see how many cap big stomach"

the thread is titled " in the family has the big stomach husband's mother also does not call" anyway most of it is translated well

maybe we need to do chinese version FAQ....nah its ok, someone there has the right idea : http://forum.hkgolden.com/view.asp?message=351599
      Last edited by willawake; 05-20-2005, 01:35 AM.
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Dear God,

What a crap job. It does look like firecrackers waiting to go off. Hopefully he/she did not use it for long like that.

Comment

hanging the caps on long leads esp wimpy stuff like cat5 negates the filtering capability.
          some vrms run at 200+ khz so think rf.
          the rule is shortest leads possible and put the cap as close to the load(cpu) as possible.
          i call it pure crap that cannot possibly work right.

Comment

That looks like POOP...
            Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

wheres the main fuse on that string?
              wanna be able to throw it after i light it!:-)

Comment

Not that good but IMHO this MSI board still worth of looking:

There was a whole can of flux used (you can find traces of it all over the board); some bad caps replaced with non-low-ESR ones (mostly Sanyos), some still there. The board has a toasted FET and it's a "processor killer".
                Attached Files
                Last edited by willawake; 05-27-2005, 12:44 PM.

Comment

hmm.... whew... i think there's another solution if the space is very tight.. just go under... but it need of case modification (motherboard tray)

this is my shuttle mv19 (s370)...

under pcb: 5 chemicon kzg 1500uf 6.3v 8mm
                  up (in paralel with the kzg): 5 rubycon mbz 1500uf 10v 10mm
                  original caps: gloria 2700uf 6.3v 10mm

but it is also a desperate way when you can't find the right value and size of the caps in the first place...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by willawake; 05-27-2005, 12:28 PM.
                  days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

yanz......please no more recapping like that

yanz and sulbert : can you guys upload images from now on direct to the forum. you manage attachments / upload files and then copy and paste the attachment links in the post and highlight the link and click the image button

it is better to have all images on the forum so nothing gets lost in the future. Sulbert i like your links to big images they are great but also include 600px wide attachments direct in the forum.
                    Last edited by willawake; 05-27-2005, 01:45 PM.
                    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

yanz......please no more recapping like that
                      aha.. but it damn works...
                      well, all right i'll hunting more caps...
                      (those mbz are good anyway without the kzg, it works. so i wonder, what is more important -- the ripple current or capacitance? -- i use p3 800eb, but that board should able to handle tualatin)

yanz and sulbert : can you guys upload images from now on direct to the forum. you manage attachments / upload files and then copy and paste the attachment links in the post and highlight the link and click the image button
                      ok, if that's better
                      days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Working...
                      X