X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello Forum!
    The name's Gary but I get called Sickboy from everyone.
    I was an electronic engineer for 10 years or so but have been away from it for about 20 years so I've a LOT to catch up on!
    I currently repair computers but I'm looking to get into component level repair of motherboards (if my shaky hands allow).
    Looking forward to getting to know everyone

Comment

Hey there!
      This is Jan from Switzerland.

Have repaired some stuff in the past and actually look for some support with my DELL Laptop. Actually I have one that is heating up a lot lately. I've opened it already and removed some dust but still it seems to heat up more than before. I am in IT business for about 16 years now and have started as a small support technician.

Good forum with a lot of info...

Comment

Greetings from the uk
        My name is Paul and I have been building , fixing and modifying anything electronic for 30+ years and still learning.
        I hate to throw anything away without at least trying to fix it!
        From resistors to reballs, I've tried it all

Comment

Hello all from Maine,

Looking at trying to get into repairing broken tv's. Decided to join this forum for help with that. I know how to repair computers, but I am the type that typically just replaces an entire board rather than an individual component due to my lack of soldering/desoldering skills. Will be posting some questions in the repair forum to hopefully help me get started on repairing a few I have.

Comment

Hello, glad i found forum. I tinker around with fixing and building of electronics. Hoping to get some help on a tv power supply. Will post thread soon. Thanks

Comment

Hello all, went to school for EET had 11+ years in the industrial mechanical industry. 3 kids, wife and our pet tortoise. I enjoy fixing anything I can get my hands on, I don't like giving up on hardware, sometimes to a fault. I'm hear to join the community to help and to learn. I don't know everything and I don't act like I do.

Comment

DOAH! "Here"

Comment

I have a Insignia L37Q and am trying to remove back to get at boards. I have removed all primeter screws but still can't get cover off. Seems to be attached in the area of the connectors. Any help?

Comment

OK - I should have posted my info. I am a retired electronics geek that enjoys fixing broken TVs etc. I am stumped at getting back cover off a Insignia L37Q-10A. I have previously repaired a variety of electronics including Vizio TV, Onkyo AVR (Bad Caps). I would like to be directed to a post that provides info on removing the back cover. Thanks.

Comment

Hello all, I'm a PC tech, and I like to try too fix electronic stuff on my free time.
                      Happy to find this forum, it looks like a gold mine.

Comment

Hi,

I'm new here obviously, lol, but have been reading here for a number of years and it is a very nice forum. I enjoy working on electronics and have been tinkering for a little over 10 years or so, still have a lot to learn. Many of my "treasures" are dumpster dives, well mainly items out for trash day, or thrift store finds, but can get some great stuff if one can repair it, I usually have decent luck.

All the best!

Comment

Hi Folks,

Looking forward to learning from everyone here

Greetings from Leeds!

Comment

Hi all

carus her from uk I study computers and just started looking into tv repairs

Comment

Hi,
                              I'm retired from a community college in Canada and like to stay active in electronics projects for my grandkids. Have Arduino and Raspberry Pi boards and picking up broken tvs on Kijiji.

This is a great forum for information.

Jim C

Comment

Hi to everyone!

I've read a lot of posts on Badcaps.net and I think is one of the most important forums about electronics!

Comment

HI Guys,
                                  I am a new member here so I think I should probably introduce myself first.
                                  Well.. my name is Jentoris and I am from Bandung Indonesia.
                                  I am a senior technician but I still need so much thing to learn and to share my skill with people in any kind of computers forum.

So glad to be here to learn anything from you and to share my skill with you guys.

Thank you and God bless us!

Comment

Greetings from Barlad, eastern Romania city!

We started with electronics in 1976. Now fix electronic (audio, video) in our laboratory and are technically reprezentanty Samsung, LG, Philips and several local brands.

Sincerely,

Comment

Hi guys. My name is Steve from Fife in Scotland.

Looking for help with my kids old TV that has been gathering dust.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am a PC Technician always looking for places to gather new knowledge. This seems like treasure trove. Happy hunting to us all!
                                        Cheers.

Comment

Hello ^.^

Comment

Working...
                                          X