Sony Trinitron 420gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Trinitron 420gs

Hey guys, I've got a 19" Sony Trinitron 420gs monitor. It's an excellent monitor, one I picked up about two months ago at a thrift shop for ten bucks. It's in good shape, nice bright and clear, but it takes a while to warm up, not really sure if it's relevant to the problem I'm having. It's got a manufacture date of 1999, and was made in the USA (Sony Rancho Bernardo plant, which is only like 20 minutes away from my house, kinda cool). The problem is that the top centimeter of the screen is kinda "squiggly", it bulges in, out, in out, then in again. I've attached a picture of the monitor itself, and of how the distortion looks from the top left corner of the screen. It was taken with my phone so sorry about the poor quality! The problem started a few weeks ago, but it was barely noticeable until today. Help anyone?
    Attached Files

Re: Sony Trinitron 420gs

hmmm, I turned off the monitor for about 5 minutes, then turned it back on and now it's gone, last time the problem appeared as soon as it was turned on.

Any ideas?

Comment

Re: Sony Trinitron 420gs

the slow warmup could be a bad cap on the 6.3v line for the heaters,weak crt,or depending on how slow normal for a sony crt.
      if your glitch at the top only shows up cold its likely a bad cap near the vert out chip.

Comment

Working...
      X