Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Teapo capacitor quality

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
    Hey Mockingbird I got my 2200uf 16v TEAPO SCs in the mail, I put them in my CWT XCLIO GOODPOWER and now its running like a champ. It feels really great to put OEM geniune TEAPO in a power supply that came with them, now I can be assure of the quality.
    Somewhere in China, extra street meat has been added to a needy family's kimchi bowl, thanks to your benevolent purchase.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
      ^
      Your 'assurance' is baseless. If it killed the last set of teapos, it's gonna kill your replacements.
      He's not called BigTroll for nothing, I guess
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
        Somewhere in China, extra street meat has been added to a needy family's kimchi bowl, thanks to your benevolent purchase.
        See I care about families! and no my claim wasn't baseless the reason it failed was because it was leaning on a hot coil, I moved the replacement further away thus enhancing the cooling of the cap. also I noticed this 2011 teapo had a much nicer looking bung then the 2008 unit that failed which means higher quality. also since the power supply was 3.95 on ebay who knows how it was treated before me. all I know is that I got a real "GREAT VALUE" with this power supply and the capacitors.
        My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Big Troll you will need this too from China to go along with your TEAPOs.
          Attached Files

Comment

So the question remains:
            How are SZ compared to SY and SC?
            What's the difference, which of those will last in a PSU?

What I've seen so far seems that the SC are the 'good standard' types while SY are the cheaper ones.
            SZ you rarely see in PSU and it's mostly in budget PSUs (BQ Power Zone, Corsair CS)...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
              Big Troll you will need this too from China to go along with your TEAPOs.
              I like it, but will only use it if you photochop obamas face on it.
              My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

^
                Teapo is usually OK but like I said but I prefer Nichicon, Chemicon, Panasonic and Rubycon. If there's Teapo in equipment, I leave them in there, as long as the device works fine
                I still check sometimes the caps. If they bulge, I will definately replace them.

Comment

Can someone with an ESR meter test 6.3V 4700uF 10mm Teapo SC? I am curious if they are really 4700uF, because in the case of Fuhjyyu caps labeled the same, they were only 3300uF (3100uF IIRC) in that case.
                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Can someone with an ESR meter test 6.3V 4700uF 10mm Teapo SC? I am curious if they are really 4700uF, because in the case of Fuhjyyu caps labeled the same, they were only 3300uF (3100uF IIRC) in that case.
                    I've measured these before and had it documented. Teapo SC 4700μF 6.3V, manufactured June, 2006. Measured 4576μF
                    And Teapo SC 4700μF 10V, manufactured February, 2007. Measured 4602μF

Comment

Wow, so they really ARE 4700uF... And there I replaced a 4700uF with 3300uF...

Anyone interested in a custom order of 10mm 4700uF caps ...

Comment

I don't think 3300μF is a bad choice because with such low loads nowadays on the 5V and 3.3V, I can't see how 3300μF wouldn't be enough

Edit: I've also seen a failed Teapo SC 4700μF 10V before, fairly recently. It was on the 5V rail very close to two coils. It was bulging and read 990μF and 1.26Ω ESR
                        Last edited by Pentium4; 07-11-2014, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Appreciate the info. Did you ever find a defective 10mm SC that wasn't bulged?

Good 10mm 4700uF caps would be nice though, no?

Comment

Appreciate the info. Did you ever find a defective 10mm SC that wasn't bulged?
                            I don't think I've found one defective if you mean failed, I've seen some possibly getting close though such as 0.11-0.15Ω ESR on 2200μF. Most of them bulge when horribly failed

Good 10mm 4700uF caps would be nice though, no?
                            4700μF 10V in what size? Because I have a few 4700μF 10V Chemi-Con KY 12.5mm x 35mm for when I rarely come across them

Comment

6.3v or 10v, either is good for PSU 3.3V or 5V rail... 10mm because there are no Japan-branded 10mm versions, and you can't always fit 12.5mm in place of 10mm caps. I wonder what the difference in rippleis at full load between the two values.

Comment

Yeah you're right, I've never seen quality 4700μF in 10mm either. 4700μF 6.3V is probably possible, that's all you need for the minor rails, not sure what else you'd need a low ESR 4700μF D10mm cap for

Comment

We should add that to our custom order thread. I should also mention it to the sales rep I sent an inquiry to for possibly getting the custom manufacture done by Nichicon, if they ever get back to me. They would be a universal replacement in the sense that they'd be good for 2200uf/3300uf caps as well.

Comment

Yeah that would be cool, and worth mentioning. You'd probably need at least 2,000 though to meet minimum quantity? Unfortunately there isn't as much of a need for 4700μF caps

Comment

In my opinion 3300uF is quite enough for 99% of psus. You should make sure that the esr is low enough and not too low for smps though.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in here and mention that I have run into a lot of dead 47uF/35V Teapo 6mm caps in a hot area of a specific model of ATX server power supply. I have also sporadically have run into dead 1000uF/16V Teapos in another hot area of revision 1 of that same supply model. In revision 2 the designers replaced them with polymer caps and Sanyo electrolytics but still missed the 6mm caps; spent a while debugging the extreme voltage sag under load on all rails before I figured out it was the active PFC control caps that were dead Never overlook those tiny caps as a possible culprit!

The larger Teapo caps were all OK; apparently the little 6mm and 10mm Teapos really hate heat.

Comment

I always pull and toss them all. even if it's a 1uF. I don't trust any junk caps from china anymore. I once ordered some IC adapters from china and they sent me a bag of 10uF caps by mistake. the readings on every cap was zero capacitance and zero resistance. so basically they sent me a bag of jumpers disguised as caps

Comment

Working...
                                          X