Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sampo 70FA2 series LCD..... briefly works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sampo 70FA2 series LCD..... briefly works.

Originally posted by Maxxarcade
    The power supply appears to be for a security/burglar alarm system.
    You are definitely right that it's for an alarm system. I only picked up that it was from an alarm system when I looked carefully at the back of the PSU.... The clues were the words "Security engineers" and "Intelligence Enforcement"....

The label on the back says everything. The best about this power supply is that it's made locally here in Australia, which means that it would be easier to find parts (I think) if anything inside it died.

Um.... It says "Device not user accessible", well they are wrong because I accessed it by opening a few screws and connecting some wires into the correct ports. I think it's probably a message to scare people from opening it up.

Thanks.
    Last edited by stevo1210; 08-03-2007, 08:05 AM.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

WHAT..... Made In Australia!!!!!!!
      that wont last long it will be China soon I'll bet ya

Well maybe they source from OS and them put the label on it here.

There is still some stuff made here but it seems to be twiddling as more move to China for production...
      sadly for us work wise good I suppose price wise...

Yes mate its to scare people
      You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

If you want to adjust the output of the supply just turn V1.
        Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft
          If you want to adjust the output of the supply just turn V1.
          Is V1 a POT or voltage adjustment knob? I can see something at position V1 that allows a screwdriver to spin it.
          Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Yes its a voltage adjustment POT.

Some supplies have them and some don't.

Different manufacturers install this POT in different parts of the circuit:

The POT is located in the feedback path which controls the duty cycle of the switching MOSFET thus dropping the output voltage.

Or

They are connected to the voltage regulator IC which your supply has and the IC regulates the higher voltage after it comes out of the transformer so the output from the regulator is lower.

From my experience open frame supplies mostly have them enclosed desktop supplies usually do not.

The range they can adjust varies but it could definately get the voltage closer to 12V then it is at now.
            Last edited by Krankshaft; 11-15-2007, 08:42 AM.
            Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

I must revise my last post.

Looking at the picture again it seems that someone tampered with the pot and raised the voltage. If you look closely there is red glue that has been separated from the part of the pot that rotates and the body.

This glue is put here so the POT stays put in shipping and doesn't shift causing the voltage to go high or low.

That explains why the output voltage isn't 12 volts as stated.

That makes me completely confident that the POT can get the voltage regulators output back to 12 volts.

Just measure with your DMM and turn the pot until you get 12 volts done.
              Last edited by Krankshaft; 11-15-2007, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X