Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8RDA recap problems

Hi everyone,

I read most of the posts regarding the recapping process. I got a whole load of rubycon ZLs to replace my buldged GSCs. After solderingon the rubies, I booted up the board, the board stopped at C1. Telling me an error at the memory or cpu. Tried two sets of rams and cpu. C1 din go away. Btw I din change all the rubies coz the Teapos din look damaged, plus the rubies that were supposed to replaced it were much too big 12.5mm vs 10mm in a row. Too bad I'm living in Singapore, to send my board for a recap by the pros here. ARGH, really driving me up the wall...

Re: 8RDA recap problems

what was the status of the board before the recap?

teapos generally never look bad but can be inside. recommended to replace. if you have space problems you can angle some of the caps. looks bad but works fine.

pm BluBlur from this forum, he is in singapore, maybe can tell you where to find smaller caps.

check your soldering on the rear of the board for shorts. can also try removing the cmos battery for a while and then trying to boot later.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Rubycon MBZ are available in 8mm up to 1500uF at 10V, 10mm up to 2200uF at 10V, and 10mm up to 3300uF at 6.3V. Panasonic FC and FM are also good, and readily available.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Yes, the board was working just unstable, randomly crashes. I've replaced the Teapos, I still get a C1 error. Just finished soldering, kinda tired. Now all my caps above >1000uF are rubycon ZLs. I rechecked the board for shorts, but the pins are apart, I don't see any shorts. The CPUs and RAMs worked fine in my other set. I did reset the cmos a couple of times and tooked out the battery while doing the soldering. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by AK0R
          Rubycon MBZ are available in 8mm up to 1500uF at 10V, 10mm up to 2200uF at 10V, and 10mm up to 3300uF at 6.3V. Panasonic FC and FM are also good, and readily available.
          The Rubycon MBZs are rare gems in the singapore consumer market. Still finding out where these good stuff are hidden...

WebCaster, maybe you can post the cap value of the Teapo and I'll try to help.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Blublur, I replaced all the capacitors which are 1000uF and above. I took sum wires soldered it to the holes on the motherboard where the 3300uF teapo caps were and wired it to a breadboard n stuck all the 3300uF ZL caps onto the breadboard, to solve the space problem. However, it still gave me a C1 error. I tested the board with a Tbred 1700+ and a stick of Kingston 256MB and swapped it to a Palo 1800+ and a stick of Crucial ECC. Still no go. Maybe I could have damaged the board while soldering. shucks what a first attempt.

Comment

Working...
            X