BLUETOOTH Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLUETOOTH Question

I am interested in buying a pair of Bluetooth ear buds for my daughter and I see on e-bay they have Bluetooth V4.1 and Bluetooth V4.2 buds. What is the difference and will they work with the Android Samsung J7 Prime phone?
    Last edited by Andrew F. Ali; 11-29-2018, 01:56 AM.

Re: BLUETOOTH Question

i never understand why people want a transmitter that close to their brain!!

Comment

^ I never understood why people are scared of half a watt of power....
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

I read both posts. I must be missing something, as my question seems unanswered, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
          ^ I never understood why people are scared of half a watt of power....
          because short of stabbing yourself with it, you couldnt reduce the distance much more.
          and that .5w is going into a very small area - so it's going to have a greater effect than several watts in the general area.

Comment

It's hard to tell without actually trying, bluetooth has been very picky for me though recent devices have tended to work fine. You want A2DP support which should be standard nowadays.

However, while I prefer to keep things wired as much as possible to keep all the waves contained to reduce interference and interception,
            - radio waves are not ionizing.
            - headphones don't transmit very much.
            - half watt with inverse square law dissipates very fast.
            - half watt with half of the emissions pointing in the other direction.

Comment

.25w into a few square mm of soft tissue for hours on end every day - that's asking for trouble.

there are lots of cases appearing now in the u.s. of breast cancer caused by women shoving the phone down their top while out in the sun.

same place all day, every day - several years later - tumor in *exactly* the same place.
              the phone company's are getting worried now, incase it goes like it did with the tobbaco industry.

what i mean by that, is they are afraid of lawsuits not for the physical damage but for lying about the safety.
              i use phones, but i'm not stupid enough to keep it pressed against me all day and then sleep with it on the pillow at night.
              unfortunatly a lot of people are doing that thanks to fucking assholes claiming it's safe!
              Last edited by stj; 11-29-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Strawman and misleading (headphones transmit duty cycle is much less than 100% !!!)

And even when talking about a phone, when it is not in active use, the transmit duty cycle is likewise much lower than 100%, it does not transmit nearly as much during the night when not in active use.

Where's the finger and hand cancer?

Comment

modern phones transmit on 3-5 different bands simultaniously unless you lock them down.
                  the fact that you have a 3-4AH battery helps mask that.

Comment

https://www.quora.com/What-makes-Blu...-Bluetooth-4-0

Comment

"Bluetooth 4.2 introduces several new features that improve speed and privacy over Bluetooth 4.1 but the main advantage is allowing chips to use Bluetooth over Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) for direct Internet access. With this, the possibilities expand beyond those of current designs and markets to include any type of Bluetooth device requiring speed and security in the IoT."

Why use Bluetooth for IP? It seems silly, haven't they heard of WiFi?

Comment

they want to merge it all for their dream of a total (survailence) grid.
                        it's not like they have not been talking about it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
                          "With this, the possibilities expand beyond those of current designs and markets to include any type of Bluetooth device requiring speed and security in the IoT."

Why use Bluetooth for IP? It seems silly, haven't they heard of WiFi?
                          Because the ether is quickly becoming unable to support all of the competing uses for its bandwidth. Imagine all of your IT devices using wifi -- home phone, "stereo", TVs, computers, security cameras, etc.

Imagine each of your neighbors also doing the same. Imagine them each living in the apartments/condos immediately above, below and to either side of you.

I see the AP's of neighbors 100+ ft away. So, they're using bandwidth far beyond the confines of their own properties...

BT (and BLE) are inherently shorter range technologies. It won't be long before we see 100+ network nodes in MOST homes.

(Imagine NOT needing a special "bridge" to talk to your garage door opener from your cell phone...)
                          Last edited by Curious.George; 11-30-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                            they want to merge it all for their dream of a total (survailence) grid.
                            it's not like they have not been talking about it for years.
                            I totally agree, they are already doing it.
                            My city has Bluetooth ID monitoring units, supposedly to monitor traffic flow. They can track a Bluetooth or Wifi ID moving through the city, to get travel times and other analytics.
                            https://www.sensysnetworks.com/products/flexid

Does it really (((re-identify))) your BT ID or MAC address?

Comment

What's annoying is...whether BT ID can be reassigned...

I have a USB BT dongle's ID that comes up as 11:11:11:11:11:11 ... I don't know if that's secure or anonymous... and can't change it.

Comment

yes, and the IMEI/IMSI of your phone too,
                                the fucking bolshevic local council here has the tech in the streetlamps along the main shopping street!!

Comment

Thanks, Guys (and Ladies). I got my answer.

Comment

I totally agree, they are already doing it.
                                    My city has Bluetooth ID monitoring units, supposedly to monitor traffic flow. They can track a Bluetooth or Wifi ID moving through the city, to get travel times and other analytics.
                                    https://www.sensysnetworks.com/products/flexid

Ever wonder why stores offer free wifi? Heaven forbid if you turn your phone OFF and they have to rely solely on the face/motion tracking cameras to identify you (by working backwards from the identification -- credit card -- you provide at checkout) and your shopping habits as you *had* walked through their aisles...

Or, why google's cars log the SSIDs of APs as they cruise neighborhoods.

[Cars are easier to track than to rely on radio beacons -- license plate trackers are becoming ubiquitous law enforcement tools.]

If you don't want to be tracked, avoid public spaces, eschew wireless devices and cover up your face (but, not in too unique of a way that makes you an individual, again!)

Oh, and stop posting in public places! :<

Comment

I'm glad I asked this question. I've learn't quite a lot more than I expected from the discussions here.

Comment

Originally posted by Curious.George View Post
                                        Ever wonder why stores offer free wifi? Heaven forbid if you turn your phone OFF and they have to rely solely on the face/motion tracking cameras to identify you (by working backwards from the identification -- credit card -- you provide at checkout) and your shopping habits as you *had* walked through their aisles...
                                        I only one thing to say about this

This is very wrong you should be given a choice not shoved down your mouth or what ever

I very seldom take my phone when I go shopping anyway so I do not have much worry about

But shopping online is a hole different story I know that just about every site is tracking you what you look at and buy and what ever else

It is convenient in one respect but in other ways can be a big problem

EBay is one of the worst when it comes to this yes it convenient and real pain in the a** at the same time

Google is also very bad about this here is a example

I bought some capacitors at Digi-Key’s website and guess what when I went on EBay I see offer to buy from Digi-Key and also on EBay

This is getting bad but what can you do about it

“Oh, and stop posting in public places! :<”

If only you could do this—> you would not learn anything and become a real dumb a** no thanks
                                        but real temping thought
                                        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-02-2018, 07:41 AM.
                                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                                        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                                        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                                        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                                        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                                        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                                        1 Dell Mother Board
                                        15 Computer Power Supply
                                        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                                        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                                        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
                                        X