Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G-Luxon LL-Series datasheet/replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Luxon LL-Series datasheet/replacement?

Hello!
    I'm changing capacitors on an E-MU 1820m soundcard/breakout-box with G-Luxons in it. Much thanks to this board for providing information on the matter, otherwise I might not have dared starting this project.

I've found the datasheets for a lot of G-Luxons, but can't find any mention of the following capacitor apart from on this very forum, for the exact same box(!): https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=LL85%B0C

The markings on the capacitors are
    G-LUXON 63v 100uF LL85°C 308K(M)

Does anyone know what this might be? I've googled to the best of my abilities but turned up empty handed.
    Currently considering not replacing them cause I can't find any information on them, and they are in the audio path (the black connectors are XLR connectors for two microphone inputs), with currently no known faults.

The largest thread I've found on this break-out box doesn't contain any mention of this capacitor, but is here if someone is curious: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10362
    Attached Files

Re: G-Luxon LL-Series datasheet/replacement?

I attached the G-Luxon LL datasheet. It is a low leakage current 85ºC series to which Chemicon's LLA series is a direct cross. Haplessly, the case size for 100uF 6.3V in the datasheet does not match those in that breakout box.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wester547 View Post
      I attached the G-Luxon LL datasheet. It is a low leakage current 85ºC series to which Chemicon's LLA series is a direct cross. Haplessly, the case size for 100uF 6.3V in the datasheet does not match those in that breakout box.
      Thank you very much! (They do match though, as I need 63V and not 6.3V - and the dimensions for 63V match.)
      Now I just need to figure out a suitable replacement, the ones in my preferred stores seem to be rated for a leakage current "<= 0.01CV (or 4µA, whichever is greater)", whereas these G-Luxon LLs are "<= 0.002CV (or 4µA)" and I'm not sure how much this matters.

Comment

Wow, I feel so dyslexic now. I don’t know how I missed the fact that there was no space between the 6 and 3 on the voltage rating. In that case, it turns out that Nichicon’s KL series may be a better replacement. Mouser has some in stock.
        Last edited by Wester547; 11-14-2017, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks! Might have to change to Mouser then and find some more things to avoid the shipping charge

Comment

Working...
          X