TC-P55GT30 Made a pop and now dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC-P55GT30 Made a pop and now dead

I checked the FET circled. It shows some continuity leg to leg 47.2 K ohms and very little continuity leg to tab .62 M ohms. The FET just to the right is the same, RCJ450, and it tests basically the same btw. Maybe they are connected like the ones on the SC board? Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Budsdad View Post
      I checked the FET circled. It shows some continuity leg to leg 47.2 K ohms and very little continuity leg to tab .62 M ohms. The FET just to the right is the same, RCJ450, and it tests basically the same btw. Maybe they are connected like the ones on the SC board? Thanks for your help
      That's normal. You'd know if it had failed

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
        That's normal. You'd know if it had failed
        Would it be visibly damaged? So far the only thing I have found bad is the shorted SC board would that be enough to cause the led to not light? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
          If it's a shorted board stopping it you could isolate it and see if symptoms change.
          How would I go about doing this? I am concerned what other parts might be bad before I send the shorted SC board for repairs. Does the no led seem odd? Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X