rework station turning off randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rework station turning off randomly

I received a hot air rework station for christmas (atten 8502d) that seems to have a problem... it will randomly turn off the heating elements in either the hot air wand or the soldering iron. It seems to work for a while at first, suggesting it could be a component heating up, no over temperature warnings are displayed or anything. I was personally thinking it looks like the microcontroller is resetting as it just cuts out and goes to the same state that it was in when it is first turned on. Internal wiring looks pretty neat but I did notice the uc was sitting in its socket a little oddly. I can provide pictures if required.

Edit: ill take some pictures soon when im not feeling so tired

Re: rework station turning off randomly

I had this problem before and it had a cold solder joint. Just my luck for it to be my only iron at the time...
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

You better errasing from your list one by one the possible issues.

Your handle looks to have magnetic trigger, if you have a push button by the label "manual", use this and try again.

Comment

I dont think its that kiriakos bevause even in that mode it keeps the pump running to cool down the filament, it just abruptly resets no matter wjat you are using

Comment

Ok, check the instructions manual to see if this system supports programable sleep mode.
          My AT90DH it does have that.

Did you get it from a local dealer or from China ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
            Ok, check the instructions manual to see if this system supports programable sleep mode.
            My AT90DH it does have that.

Did you get it from a local dealer or from China ?
            Ill have to double check, I believe it was local, and the manual is in chinglish and a bit hard to understand :/

Comment

yeah it quite literally just resets, i had both the heat wand on and the soldering iron and they both just turned off abruptly and the unit went to the same state it does when it first powers on, could it be a cold solder joint losing contact and the uC resetting? because the pump just turns off abruptly where it would normally keep running till the element was cooled to 100 degrees

Comment

In this case start your exploration from outside to inside.
                Replace first the AC mains cable with a new, and also test in your wall plug another device as for example a hair dryer for about 10 minutes.

Round 2 = if truly Mains cable and wall plug pass all tests,
                the next step is to test the cables up to Mains Switch and the switch it self.

ATTEN is not idiots, something stupidly simple causing this anomaly.

By the way it is advisable to ask the help of an adult local repair man.
                Do not touch any mains cables just by your self.

Mains AC takes lifes away !! BE WARNED ....
                Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 12-26-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I have the same problem.

Both screens go to dashes rather than the temp at random times.

usually works for 10minutes when cold but then stop intermittently

Have replaces all ac cables. Have run over the boasrd to check for cold joints.

Power Supply?

Comment

Working...
                  X