Samsung RV520 (main BA4-01608A Scala2_R) no video and no cpu_core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung RV520 (main BA4-01608A Scala2_R) no video and no cpu_core

I tried to inject 1v on L5 and I have a maximum absorption of 0.80A and the only component that warms up a bit is pch

Comment

The PCH is supposed to heat when injecting voltage on its VCore line, but it doesn't exclude another component on the same line being partially shorted.
      (although it's still likely not the case)
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

i try to remove ethernet ic but short remain

Comment

pch replaced, now it does not overheat and I do not find the 3ohm on the L5 coil but 20 ohms (I think it's ok now). The defect remains that the machine turns on but I do not have the cpu_core yet. Any help guys?

Comment

Therefore, this laptop had got multiple problems. now check which power rail is not present other than cpu_core. If all others are present, check the cpu_core circuit to find a shorted point.

Comment

I think the problem has been solved. I left the laptop turned on for 20 minutes, after which the fan stopped and the iiamgine appeared in the external screen, obviously the CPU core was present. I turned off and on again and no image again. I heat the nec tokin and it's the laptop power up perfectly. Supposed nec tokin with 4 cap tantalio 330uf and it seems to work perfectly. I keep you on trial and let you know

Comment

A bad Nec Tokin again. replace it ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                X