Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to trick hard drive pcb to keep motor spinning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any way to trick hard drive pcb to keep motor spinning?

@goontron, if you can find the serial pins, assuming they exist on this early chip, and if you can reverse engineer the serial protocol and the function of the chip's registers, then yes, the job is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by fzabkar View Post
      @goontron, if you can find the serial pins, assuming they exist on this early chip, and if you can reverse engineer the serial protocol and the function of the chip's registers, then yes, the job is possible.
      He could just do this: http://spritesmods.com/?art=hddhack
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

I forgot to mention that the second, unpopulated SRAM location has some mashed PCB pads.

Comment

At this point it may be easier to build your own motor controller, you'd certainly learn something either way though.
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
          X