finding a compatible motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finding a compatible motherboard

I have a t1842 Emachine computer with an IM845GL motherboard (imperial). Awhile back my motherboard fried and now I am looking for a new motherboard that is compatible to the one that I have now. I do not want to go the the manufacturer (Emachines) and pay alot of money for it.... My question, does anyone know of a motherboard that I can buy off the net real cheap?

Thank ya'll for any help,

boostick

P.S. I know, Emachines is not one of the best, but i was desprate at the time.

Thanks again ya'll

it is an 845 chipset board with socket 478. you could probably pick up an 845 chipset board cheap on ebay. Otherwise go for a 865 chipset board, it is compatible but your proc/ram wont take advantage of the higher bus speeds possible.

what is proprietary about your case? i think your board is a micro-atx board with only a few pci slots. you could find another micro-atx board, just check the dimensions if it is gonna fit. personally if your case is only gonna take a small board i would get a new bigger case so you could take advantage of a normal size mobo with more pci slots.

i saw one emachines board with no agp slot. does your case have a blanking plate at the back for the agp if your new board has one.

anyone know anything else proprietary about emachines we need to worry about?
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

http://parts.emachines.com/emachines...oduct_Id=68978

Motherboard Imperial GL
      Temporarily Out of Stock!
      For eMachine Model: T1742, T1840, T1842, T2040, T2042, T2240, T2245, T2385

At least in most cases now, eMachines uses an off the shelf motherboard. From what I've seen you can pretty much use any mainboard you like in there.

MD
      Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Re: finding a compatible motherboard

"E" machines claim to fame was that FREE pc to Everyone offer a few years back.
        It of course was not FREE at all because they dinged you for internet service with contract.
        But still was good deal for younguns and grandma. Thing is today I know some professionals who use them and like them, you just have to know they won't last, but nothing does.
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X