Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic 15th Gen 2012/13, intermittent not powering on or standy LED - power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic 15th Gen 2012/13, intermittent not powering on or standy LED - power outage

Some info i dug up on the web.

Plasma tv Panasonic GPF15DE Chassis can cause not powering on & standby LED lit, can be very intermittent
    At a certain sequence of events, the TV does not turn on
    and the standby LED is not lit. For example, after disconnecting
    of power, then after you turn
    within 3 minutes. This modification applies to all
    PSU with serial number earlier than below:
    42” N0AE6JK00005 **-2550001
    50” N0AE6JK00006 **-2560001

TCZAA6755U IC ref (U203)

Not 100% if datasheet is correct device or proprietary for Panasonic by Fairchild.

Does look like FAN6755UW going by the format in the sheet.

Translated some other info.

Some links for the IC

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PANASONIC...-/160971382674

http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/TCZAA67...42X50-TXP50X50

http://www.notobsolete.co.uk/index.p...oducts_id=1209

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/elec...-panasonic.htm

Some models possibly applicable to.
    tx-p42x50b ,tx-p50x50b, tx-p42x50e. tx-p50x50e ,tx-p42xt50b, tx-50xt50b, tx-p42xt50e, tx-p50xt50e, tx-p42xt50y, tx-p50xt50y,tx-pr42x50, tx-pr50x50 tx-pr42xt50, tx-pr50xt50, tc-p42x5, tc-p42xt50, tc-p50x5, tc-p50xt50.

PSU models: N0AE6JK00005 , N0AE6JK00006

If anyone tries this info and solves the problem, please validate by reporting results.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tw2005; 03-12-2014, 07:26 AM.

Re: Panasonic 15th Gen 2012/13, intermittent not powering on or standy LED - power ou

Thanx TW2005, you Panasonic expert!
    The PSU is the '06 model and the U203 controller is the 6755.
    I will go for the FAN6755U and try it out.

Comment

Re: Panasonic 15th Gen 2012/13, intermittent not powering on or standy LED - power ou

Originally posted by PowerAmpFreak View Post
      Thanx TW2005, you Panasonic expert!
      The PSU is the '06 model and the U203 controller is the 6755.
      I will go for the FAN6755U and try it out.
      No not really, I got lucky having a dig on the web and stumbled across that by accident. needless to say i grabbed what I could as i was reading a lot of posts on this unusual one. I thnk it was in another language and had to translate( not 100% sure)

Pretty sure I have the same web as everyone else.

let us know how it goes so we know how reliable that info is?
      Last edited by tw2005; 11-29-2014, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
        If anyone tries this info and solves the problem, please validate by reporting results.
        let us know how it goes so we know how reliable that info is?
        As I mentioned in this thread on the same subject:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=tc-p42x5

Originally posted by drussell View Post
        Just wanted to report that I saw the same "lack-of-standby" issue on a TC-P42X5 built in 2012 that I traced back to U203 before finding this thread.

If you have one of these similar models that seems to take forever after a power loss to actually "reset" and come into standby (and in this case eventually went totally dead, never came up to standby power), changing that Fairchild 6755 at U203 (a small 8-pin surface mount with one pin missing) power supply controller IC fixed the problem.

I ordered up 10 of them since this looks like a common problem and I know of several out in the field that I'd be likely to be the one doing service on and that this problem may well develop in some of them.

Easy fix, now I know exactly what to look for when it's this problem.

Comment

adding key words for the people who use search.

TX-P50XT50Y, P50XT50Y

Comment

Thank You guys so much ,, I love helpful techs ,, makes my life that much easier ,, thanks again and my client with the ADHD kid (like me) thanks you too!!

Comment

Changed U203 today and now my TV works :-)

Thanx!!!!!

Comment

I have a TC-P50X5 with the NOAE6J00006 P.S. s/n ME20650527 will the new IC fix the intermittent 5vdc? The prior info says its for TV with sn earlier than 2560001. strange that the ic are available in UK but no the U.S.
                When the set plays , it plays fine the set dies when the 5v dies. The P.S / X board is 350 bucks here new. Cant find a good used with warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltank View Post
                  I have a TC-P50X5 with the NOAE6J00006 P.S. s/n ME20650527 will the new IC fix the intermittent 5vdc? The prior info says its for TV with sn earlier than 2560001. strange that the ic are available in UK but no the U.S.
                  When the set plays , it plays fine the set dies when the 5v dies. The P.S / X board is 350 bucks here new. Cant find a good used with warranty.
                  why not just give it a go as you got nothing to lose except some bucks. Those serials maay not be worldwide as the bulletin is a UK doc?

The reason this may not be available in the US is due to a patent infringement . Power Integration took on Fairchild Semi and was awarded over 100 million dollars and there over 140 parts affected.

It also looks like PI infringed some of Fairchilds parts as well, you'd have to read it all but I do remember seeing this part number on a list.

I'm no subject expert but I stumbled across this when I started researching where to get these.

Imagine that, you can't fix a product because of an illegal chip.

Should find enough just googling .

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ages-Fairchild

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...Case-Fairchild
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tw2005; 05-06-2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                    Some info i dug up on the web.

Plasma tv Panasonic GPF15DE Chassis can cause not powering on & standby LED lit, can be very intermittent
                    At a certain sequence of events, the TV does not turn on
                    and the standby LED is not lit. For example, after disconnecting
                    of power, then after you turn
                    within 3 minutes. This modification applies to all
                    PSU with serial number earlier than below:
                    42” N0AE6JK00005 **-2550001
                    50” N0AE6JK00006 **-2560001

TCZAA6755U IC ref (U203)

Not 100% if datasheet is correct device or proprietary for Panasonic by Fairchild.

Does look like FAN6755UW going by the format in the sheet.

Translated some other info.

Some links for the IC

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PANASONIC...-/160971382674

http://www.ohmsupplies.co.uk/TCZAA67...42X50-TXP50X50

http://www.notobsolete.co.uk/index.p...oducts_id=1209

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/elec...-panasonic.htm

Some models possibly applicable to.
                    tx-p42x50b ,tx-p50x50b, tx-p42x50e. tx-p50x50e ,tx-p42xt50b, tx-50xt50b, tx-p42xt50e, tx-p50xt50e, tx-p42xt50y, tx-p50xt50y,tx-pr42x50, tx-pr50x50 tx-pr42xt50, tx-pr50xt50, tc-p42x5, tc-p42xt50, tc-p50x5, tc-p50xt50.

PSU models: N0AE6JK00005 , N0AE6JK00006

I can confirm that the Fan Ic you listed does indeed work for the standby issue. I have done the XT50B today and used that Ic and it works. I also replaced all the screws which are used for grounding with the type with a washer on them too on the Ysus and Xsus. Thanks for the info
                    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 07-02-2016, 10:10 AM.
                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Hi,

I have a Panasonic TX-P50XT50B that was purchased from in the summer of 2012 in Basingstoke, UK from Currys PC World. We had the electrician in yesterday, 24 September 2016, and he needed to cut the power to the house to get some work done. Before he touched anything, he suggested I turn off the power on any socket that had electronics plugged in. For those of you not in the UK, there's a on/ off switch on each plug socket over here. So I clicked off the power to the power strip that this tv was plugged into. The electrician finished all the work and left. I then proceeded to turn the power back on for the electronics. The TV had no response. It was 100% totally and completely dead. I thought "We could call CSI Miami, but I already know how it died. Emily Proctor is probably not going to show up anyway."

Not sure why I needed to share that pre-amble, but after trying different outlets in the house, holding down the on/ off button while the TV was unplugged to "discharge all power" and then plugging it back in - I still had "no joy."

Then on this site I found the following information from randtek:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Hold vol- on TV, press and hold menu button on remote

After that, and I have no idea if this was needed or not, I simultaneously held down the on/ off button and the volume + button (both on the TV) - and looking at the indicator LED on the front... I saw the magic happen - the TV came to life and the initialisation box appeared on the screen (blah blah blah - no input detected press OK to auto setup blah blah blah).

Anyway, the TV is on now (for over 2 hours) and I drove back to the local Currys PC World and cancelled the order for the replacement purchased 2 hours earlier: SAMSUNG UE65KU6000 Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR 65" LED TV.

I hope this helps others fix this problem. I do not know if my journey is over, but for now it is all working.

Kind regards,

BadTelly

Comment

I know ... old thread but mine did it again.

Anyway to "reset" U203? Grounding out a pin?

Comment

Hey folks,

Where can I purchase this IC U203. Can't find it anywhere - Part number I'm looking for is the one TW2005 provided TCZAA6755U and FAN6755UWMY.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Ebay?!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...5UWMY&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...6755U&_sacat=0

Comment

Just fixed a TC-P42x5. Owner said the tv made some popping noises and said she saw some sparks. Pressing the ower button gave 1 single blink(doesn't repete). Had 5v standby but only 167v on main capacitor (no PFC voltage).
                              Replacing the IC FAN6755u fixed it. Hope this helps someone out there.

Comment

I just acquired a TX-P42X50B that wouldn't power on. After reading this thread I decided to just go straight for replacing U203 after doing a few cold checks for fuses, caps etc, as it appears to be the only documented common issue.

U203 didn't fix it and when I attempt to power it up, the front panel led flashes green for a few seconds and then turns to a solid green. Normally this would be a good thing for a Panasonic but in this case the screen stays blank and no sound.

Pressing any button on the remote causes the green led to flash in response but nothing else happens. A quick check around the main PSU board shows +5V and +15V present but VSUS and VAD are at zero. Checking the main power to the SN board shows no sign of a short as would be expected for a fault there.

Unfortunately the service manual doesn't show a schematic for this PSU board so it's going to be more of a struggle than usual to fault find.

Does anyone have a schematic for this board, marked Darfon B159-201?

Comment

Found the schematic on ElektroTanya

So far I have +STB5V and +F15V but +15Vc and +15Vs are down at 1.5V when I attempt to switch it on. More investigation required but most of the circuitry is SMT and on the back of the board, so not easy to fault find in situ.

Someone must have seen this fault before on an older model like this?

Comment

Have you checked if the 15Vc_ON control signal is toggling state to switch on Q316 which in turn will switch on UN304
                                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I've just been looking at the schematic and Q316 gets the signal to switch on from U207 pin 13, which is also on the back of the board. I'll need to pull the board back out and attach a wire to monitor this.

U207, HT66F30 is a flash memory device, so if it's not switching Q316 there must a problem causing this.

Comment

+15Vc_ON isn't switching at power up at U207 pin 13, which it should be.

The SOS to shut down and flash the led red with an error code also isn't happening, so there has to be something else causing U207 not to switch its output.

Comment

Working...
                                        X