Samsung 2494 SW powering off. Bad caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 2494 SW powering off. Bad caps?

We've had a couple of power outages recently and my monitor has been acting up. I've noticed a couple of things

1) Changing windows from app to app triggers the monitor display functions to pop up in the lower right hand corner for a few seconds. Not every app and not all the time, but very annoying.

2) For the second time today, my monitor has just shut off. Unplugging and replugging in the power cord to the power strip (Opti-USA surge/battery) allows the monitor to come back on.

I had a previous Samsung that I replaced caps on, and can't recall exactly what the symptoms were, but I'm wondering if I should replace the caps on this one as well to fix my problem.

I've searched the forums for my model of monitor and can't find it anywhere. If I do ned to replace caps, which ones should I get?

Thanks for helping!

John

Re: Samsung 2494 SW powering off. Bad caps?

Could very well be bad caps. The replacements should be matched against what you currently have, so the next step should be to open up the monitor and make a list of what's in there (values, make, series and dimensions). Post the list, then folks can chime in on suitable replacements. Since you're in the US, typically people will recommend Panasonic FC/FM for power supplies. You could always check badcaps.net stock, though those are geared more towards motherboards and some values may not be available.

Comment

Re: Samsung 2494 SW powering off. Bad caps?

Hello i need help.
      I have Samsung SyncMaster 2494HS
      What is this part? S301

Comment

Working...
      X