more
    whoa somehow that one got messed up

Comment

Re: vizio vp50

here is whole board hopefully decent enough
      Attached Files

Comment

That one which got messed up, can you try uploading it again as it looked to highlight the right places, the JPEG probably got corrupted somehow.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          That one which got messed up, can you try uploading it again as it looked to highlight the right places, the JPEG probably got corrupted somehow.
          post #38 is same pic i pointed out where the VA ADJ pot and KA431AZ is and post #42 is pic of whole board to assist where everything is...

Comment

Do you have one with the highlighting or can you do it again.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Do you have one with the highlighting or can you do it again.
              i deleted it because it was corrpted however i will take more pics for you

Comment

here they are let me know if you need other areas
                Attached Files

Comment

okay what did i do wrong for no response lol

Comment

Patience, I was busy.
                    Where is the Va & 431 device, please highlight them, so I can figure out if they are connected.

Comment

Patience, I was busy.
                      Where is the Va & 431 device, please highlight them, so I can figure out if they are connected.
                      Post#38 has your answer,, I know you were busy i was just poking at ya playing called sense of humor.... i was lol-ing

Comment

Ah now I see it.
                        See attached. Is this a 431 device?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ah now I see it.
                          See attached. Is this a 431 device?
                          Darn sure enough it is ....it's located between 2 heat sinks and had a film type capacitor covering it..just so you know there is no way in heck i can do a live voltage test on it it way way to tight in there will have to use a needle nose pliers to desoldier it very tight..umm can i do a basic regulator test with it?

Comment

Can't you solder wires to it? On the bottom of the board, perhaps?
                            We need to measure it in circuit.

Comment

Can't you solder wires to it? On the bottom of the board, perhaps?
                              We need to measure it in circuit.
                              ha should have thought of that duhhh , did something similar with a crappy salvania tv worst set i ever worked on...fixed it with a new "used" inverter lasted about a month came back with a crack about 6 inches long on the inverter pcb and i just junked it lol P.O.S anyways yeah i will do that another day the set is at work i am at home now just have the boards with me ..so there ain't a effective test i can do on the bench? like desoldier it and charge and discharge it or something?

Comment

okay i take that as a no...okay i will see what i can do.....

Comment

I'm not available 24/7. If you look in the datasheet there are some example test circuits for the 431 shunt regulator.

Comment

I'm not available 24/7. If you look in the datasheet there are some example test circuits for the 431 shunt regulator.
                                    kk i understand will research ...

Comment

k found how to guide looks like i have to get a analog meter...all i got is digital soooo i will seek for one...thanks for all the help i will report back and i have some old power boards around with same type shunt regulator made by a different company but should work if this one is bad...

Comment

No need for analog meter. You can do it with digital meter.

Comment

No need for analog meter. You can do it with digital meter.
                                          ok i think my dmm is going wonky getting inconsistent results on the ohm range i don't have 10k ohm range do have 20k i will need to get another dmm to confirm this....but anyways this test was done with analog http://www.jestineyong.com/how-to-te...gulator-tl431/

hopefully none offended for the link, anyways my meter is elenco m-2665 and i think its going out,,, gonna try to get another meter see if i can get consistent results,...
                                          Last edited by heavymachines; 01-20-2013, 08:05 AM. Reason: edit...

Comment

Working...
                                          X