Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vizio 47 LCD Main board, processor port??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio 47 LCD Main board, processor port??

I have a Vizio 47 lcd tv with a bad main board, removed the board, closer inspection revealed a 72 pin processor port that has hole in it. Thats fine, I will replace it or so I thought. Part # Sil9287 ACNU. Contacted Silicon Image, they will not sell me one because I do not have a "HDCP" License. Something about software copyright on the part. Anyone know of a replacement or is there even one?

Re: Vizio 47 LCD Main board, processor port??

Can we see a picture?

You can blame HDCP (Digital Content Protection, LLC) for restricting the license.

The data from your blu-ray player/other device to TV is encrypted to prevent copying. That chip immediately decrypts it and sends it across easily accessible cabling which would allow for easy copying.

Yeah, I don't understand why they do it either.

But you will pretty much be unable to buy that part because it can be used to decrypt HDMI.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Vizio e470VA LCD Main board, processor port??

So found a e470VA main board fairly affordable on ebay, installed tv worked, but had a intermitent glitch. Would cut the picture out every second on the second. Figured needed firmware upgrade, which it did according to vizio. They sent me a usb with new firmware. Installed now it worse than ever, goes from VIZIO start up symbol into standy. HAHA , is there anyway to erase this firmware and go back to original?

Comment

Could I take processor port from working other board, and put on the board with broken processor port. Or does this "HDCP" chip hold the firmware and just do the same on the other board?

Comment

I have no idea what a processor port is. If you mean the HDMI decoder, it's feasible but it's a very tricky job.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Okay. HDMI decoder. Is this what retains the firmware?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
              X