sharp lc-c5255u only blink codes no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sharp lc-c5255u only blink codes no picture

I am new here and have the same TV as mentioned. Mine gives no error codes and only has a solid green led when the power button is pressed. Just a black screen. Tried the force power on with same result. Any ideas.

Comment

Also when the PSU comes on you get a relay click. When I turn the unit off I get a louder relay click.

Comment

I had the same issue (2-5 error) and I did the "Channel Down & Volume Up," reset and now my light no longer flashes. It just stays on and it doesn't appear that the backlight is coming on. Any thoughts or ideas before I crack this baby open and start disconnecting ribbon cables?

Comment

i have a sharp lc-52d78un with power leds blinking. so am stock any help will be greatly appreciated

Comment

i tried channel down +vol up, the led remained steadily green but black screen

Comment

Originally posted by gilly1984 View Post
              Try this to see if you can force on the power supply, unplug it from the wall outlet then

Hold [CH_DOWN] and [VOL_UP] on TV, plug in the AC power cord while holding both buttons in.

Above was taken from "just answer"

Try at your own risk though as you will be forcing the psu to switch on.
              I have this same model TV, a Sharp LC-C5255U. A lady in the neighborhood was giving it away for free to anybody that wanted to see if they could fix it so I grabbed it. Steady 1 Hz flashing green light. I can do the Channel Down and VOL + and turn on the TV or plug in the TV and I get the screen to light up for about 1 second before going dark again. No clicking or anything. I'm wondering if it is just a bad PSU. The other option I was able to track down was it may be a bad LED display, but since the screen lights up (in some manner) I'm wondering if that means it is OK, or since it is just a quick on/off, if the LED display is bad? Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X