8K is 4K and 4K is 2K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8K is 4K and 4K is 2K?

TV industry business they play with terminology again!

4K resolution, also called 4K, refers to a horizontal resolution on the order of 4,000 pixels and vertical resolution on the order of 2,000 pixels.

The name "4K resolution" refers to a horizontal resolution of approximately 4,000 pixels. The use of width to characterize the overall resolution marks a switch from previous television standards such as 480i and 1080p, which categorize media according to its vertical dimension. Using that same convention, 4K UHD would be named 2160p. 8K UHD would be named 4320p

PS: 8K is 4Kp, 4K is 2Kp.
    Last edited by capwizard; 03-11-2017, 08:18 AM.

Re: 8K is 4K and 4K is 2K?

What is worse , is the bluffing in lavish and lovely words like panorama view and hundreds of similar lies ... It's all about selling cheaper designs for higher prices , lol ...

Comment

I didn't realize this, thanks for pointing it out. Then I wonder if it is anything like the fact that a 1x16K ram chip is 2K of ram...

*After searching on EVGA forums now I get it; how many 1080p screens stuck together do you get when you buy a 4K? It should have been named with an X instead of K but the 4 is correct.
      Last edited by imajeff; 03-11-2017, 09:59 AM.

Comment

"I didn't realize this", Me too. The other one is 3D , 2.5D tv ?

DTS Neo:X
        DTS Neo:X can take stereo, 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1 source material and output up to 11.1 channels including front height and width channels. Unlike Dolby's Pro Logic IIz's system, which only adds front height channels to the 7.1 configuration, Neo:X supports both front height and front wide channels. DTS Neo:X also supports 11.1 encoding through matrixing of front height and front wide channel information into the front and surround channels, respectively, of a 5.1 or 7.1 audio mix.

DTS Headphone:X !!!You only have two ears(binaural) for 12 channels sound???
        DTS Headphone:X reproduces 12 channels of binaural surround sound using any pair of stereo headphones. The head related transfer function is developed by DTS and includes compensation for room cues such as reflection and delay by mapping the acoustic characteristic of the original mixing studio, or other professional audio lab as a reference.
        Last edited by capwizard; 03-11-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by capwizard View Post
          DTS Headphone:X !!!You only have two ears(binaural) for 12 channels sound???
          However I think 12 channel sound greatly improves limitations of the output hardware. Though our ears may seem limited with only two, our brain can process improvements over having only a couple outputs trying to mix all the instruments that should each be creating their own effects in the environment.

Comment

Working...
          X