This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, I am Makis, been reading this forum for along time but only now registered. It is a great one, great Info and help!

Comment

Hello to all. I started out in grade 7 using the school systems PDP8, with a dial up 110 baud modem using a TTY32 paper and keyboard interface. I learned BASIC and FOCAL programming languages by reverse engineering the games. At least that's my memory of 1969. I just retired from designing avionics.
      My neighbor got me involved with a plasma TV. Zenith (LGe) Z42PJ240-UB model. I'm looking for a complete schematic for this. Found an incomplete one on a Hungarian site (). Only the RF and video circuits are shown, not power supply or display driver electronics. The SMPS board has a blown fuse. I'm not familiar with plasma, as avionics went from mechanical, to CRT to LCD.
      I can't find any evidence of blown capacitors. The PSU assy number is EAY60912401. I have not replaced the fuse yet to see if this just 'randomly' blew. That's not been my experience from any other electronics, unless you stuck your pliers where they didn't belong.
      I just started reading TOM66 posts on "A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems".

Comment

Good day all. I live in the Bahamas and involved with all sorts of technical stuff! I enjoy swimming, movies and troubleshooting lol! This is an awesome forum and you guys are very knowledgeable. Be seein ya!

Comment

Thanks for the ad. My name is Jason, I'm from Taylor, MI. I am a ASE Master Mechanic. I work in a test and devolpment lab for my employeer. Were are a OEM supplier for Chrysler, Ford, GM and other companies for Clutch Hydraulics. I have several years of experience building prototype vehicles. And I also worked on a NHRA Top fuel team for some time. I'm fairly skilled in electronics. I'm always trying to dabble in new things, that's why I am here. I picked up a pallet of Flat screens that need repair. Some have cracked screens, but others have board issues. So I'm sure I'll be back looking for help.

Comment

Hello, i m Greg and i have some particular problems with my Samsung TV. I found this forum by searching and decided to register myself in case i can find a solution to my problem

Comment

Hi, my name es George and live in Argentine. I found this site by serarch solution a my monitor LCD.

Comment

Hi Gang,

I am Meteng and am new to this message board. I live in the Phoenix area. The weather is fine now but by August I should be able to fry an egg on the hood of my car. My knowledge of electrics is rather limited. I have been watching some U Tube videos. I did complete one university level course in electric circuits.

I inherited a Samsung 712N monitor which stopped working. The test screen message does come on and move about the screen. I tried a new cable to the desk top computer but that did not help. I have opened up the monitor.

I have heard that the capacitors could be the problem. I am going to test the capacitance and will isolate the capacitors from the board if I get any odd readings?

If the capacitors are the problem I was going to buy a Weller 40 watt soldering iron, resin core solder 60/40 0.062" and a capacitor repair kit from Amazon. Any suggestions on my choices?

Thanks for your help and patience as I am a Newbie at this!

Meteng

Comment

Hi, my name is Mark and I live in Sydney, Australia.

I have been involved in electronics & technology industries since the 80s - with my 1st PC experience on a Cromenco CP/M system (playing text based games Zork and Colossal Cave); even played around hi-tech core memory, tank valve radios etc

Now involved in embedded software testing on subscription TV set-top-boxes, and anything attached to said STB. STBs have not been immune to bad caps and I'm currently dealing with the effects of cap degradation and failure on various STB models and external PSUs.

This forum has helped me provide bad cap data to my management over the years, and now I also have a personal use with a failed Acer X243H LCD monitor.

Very useful forum!

Comment

Greetings from South Korea,

I'm a software developer and electronics hobbyist, but my knowledge about the electronic circuit is somewhat limited. My LCD monitor just stopped working and the Google god led me to this wonderful forum.

Hope someday I'd be the one who can contribute to this community.
                    Regards.

Comment

Hiya, I'm Stu
                      Aussie, and a lovely monitor that's served me well for a while carked it. Searching lead me here, and I'm hoping to get a good fix

Cheers!

Comment

Hi everyone. Google found me this forum looking for answers to a failed LG monitor and what a find thank you. 1 replacement inverter later and all is good again :-)

Me, I'm a master tech in the motor trade and do the network administration at work, always tinkered with electronics but drawn the line at in circuit testing so nice to have been helped to something new.

Comment

Hello all.

Google also found me this forum whilst I was researching the possibility of bad caps in an ASUS laptop motherboard. I found my answer Thought I'd sign up as I like the idea of fixing broken stuff and have been doing it a while (though somehow never come across this forum until now....)

Comment

Hello. Joined to get some info on my plasma tv.. But looking at the knowledge here I can foresee getting into all sorts of cool electronics projects
                            Cj

Comment

Hi my name is Michael

18 years old, still in high school

Live about an hour north of Odense

Been at this forums since the beginning, switch from .ca after all the shenanigans with the mods

Used to play on the 360, switched over to PC last year.

Primarily play First person shooters, sandbox and racing games
                              Last edited by mongol2609; 05-03-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Hey all, new here, hoping to get a solution to my broken LG plasma.

Comment

new guy on the block working on a pcm for a 2005 ford escape need info. on the driver circuit resistors what ohm's they are any help wound be great thanks fyi not a lot of electronic knowlodge

Comment

Hello, Vieja here. New member from Florida

Comment

hello.. having issues with Samsung ln46a630...

Comment

xin chào tất cả anh em trên mọi miền đất nước , mình hiện đang sống và làm việc tại việt nam , rất mong được giao lưu với mọi người .

Comment

Hi - new user/subscriber here. Please be patient with me as I like to tinker, sometimes it's successful, sometimes it's not. See you about. Simon

Comment

Working...
                                          X