Fujitsu Lifebook E546 - No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fujitsu Lifebook E546 - No Power

Hello guys, today i bring to forum an Fujitsu Lifebook E546 that won't power up.

Now the issues are:
    -Only with charger, the board only try to power pressing power button, presenting only a flash blink, but don't even stay up for a second.

I try to follow power rail and when i face with the 3th and 4th mosfet (RS1E200)
    On gate i found 0.8V if my mind won't fail.
    So, after that i have allways that valour and when i arrive at 5th MOSFET on Gate i have another 19V...

Now...
    When i plug the battery to board, laptop turn ON.
    But... if i plug the charger, the first MOSFET of power circuit, starts to make some smoke and gets very hot.
    Seems the circuit get a short.

So resuming:
    -Only with charger - NO POWER ON LAPTOP.

-Only battery - POWER ON if battery charged.

-With charger and battery - NO POWER / POWER RAIL GETS HOT / 1st MOSFET HOT AND SMOKE / BATTERY WON'T CHARGE PROPERLY.

Should i remove MOSFET ? and bridge a wire ?

Thanks for all

Re: Fujitsu Lifebook E546 - No Power

Yes remove the mosfet and then measure it for short. If shorted, replace it and dont put jumper

Comment

Thanks for reply, but, I forgot to say, the Mosfet without battery only with charger presents 19V on source and drain.
      So I think it's fine.
      Only if I plug the battery and charger he starts to get hot and drop some smoke but it will remove it.
      Should I measure diode mode / risistence mode?

Comment

Hi again, i removed the first MOSFET of circuit.
        And on continuous mode he buzzes, so i think it should not buzz, so maybe its in short for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by WareNC View Post
          Hi again, i removed the first MOSFET of circuit.
          And on continuous mode he buzzes, so i think it should not buzz, so maybe its in short for sure.
          Yes if is continuously buz for long time on both way it is short.....some time it buz when it internal gate capisitor charge but that is for short time...
          Last edited by smali; 12-11-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smali View Post
            Yes if is continuously buz for long time on both way it is short.....some time it buz when it internal gate capisitor charge but that is for short time...
            Thanks, yes he continues to do the beep.
            Seems for sure a short.
            Already assume this is the problem of the machine so i will replace the MOSFET and test it.

When i have something new i will report.

Comment

Thanks for reply, but, I forgot to say, the Mosfet without battery only with charger presents 19V on source and drain.
              So I think it's fine.
              Only if I plug the battery and charger he starts to get hot and drop some smoke but it will remove it.
              Should I measure diode mode / risistence mode?
              No, your assumption is technically poor. A shorted fet may give 19V on drain. You should check continuity between PIN1(Source) and PIN4(Gate). If the meter buzzes, lts likely short. To be 100% sure repeat the test between PIN1 and PIN5(drain).

Comment

Board model number? What are "1st", "3rd", "4th", "5th" MOSFET...?
                Bridging random stuff will do more bad than good. Except if your goal is to fry an egg on your CPU.
                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

hello, i am working at moment on this board try to figure it out whats wrong.
                  Now i have been replaced the Mosfets.
                  I am refering about the MOSFETS they are present on power circuit rail.
                  So we i have 2 MOSFETS (E080BN) and 2 MOSFETS (E100GN) and 1 MOSFET (RS1E200 GN)

I try to replace the 2 E080BN for 2 7716A, After i check the datasheet i think they are compatible.

So, after replace them, i have no burn at all and seems battery charges, but, machine now only power on and works with only battery.
                  If i want to try to power ON only with charger, i don't have any signal of machine working.

Motherboard Info:
                  E5SW5YL
                  CP693684-X3

PT
                  CP706794-01
                  CP695700

Hope this all helps you guys.

Comment

Can you post some clear pictures of the mosfets and DC in areas .
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      Can you post some clear pictures of the mosfets and DC in areas .
                      Sure give me 5 min

Comment

Ok here you have, the yellow case are E080BN MOSFETS
                        The Red Case are E100GN MOSFETS

Hope it helps
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok here you have, the yellow case are E080BN MOSFETS
                          The Red Case are E100GN MOSFETS

Hope it helps
                          why you remove 4 mosfet-s.

Comment

Measure voltage on pin1/4/5 of those replaced 7716a mosfet on ac power only.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalpc View Post
                              why you remove 4 mosfet-s.
                              HI there, well, because the first one like I said before, gets hot and drop smoke when i put battery and charger simultaneous.

With charger only won't turn on, and only turn on with battery charged...

Battery won't charge so I start removing the Mosfets because I think the issue comes from this circuit...

If could help me I appreciate

Comment

HI there, well, because the first one like I said before, gets hot and drop smoke when i put battery and charger simultaneous.

With charger only won't turn on, and only turn on with battery charged...

Battery won't charge so I start removing the Mosfets because I think the issue comes from this circuit...

If could help me I appreciate

after dc jack u have 2 mosfets and current resistor so try this method

remove this current sensor and supply power from dc jack see if any of this 2 mosfets are getting hot or not. With this method u can know if problem is mosfets or something else after this resistor.
                                If nothing is getting hot before this resistor, now in output of resistor put power(19v and around 1.5amp)with power supply and see how much current is taking or anything is getting hot..

feedback after this

p.s put back all mosfets
                                Last edited by digitalpc; 12-25-2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Ok, i replaced all original MOSFETS.
                                  I try to Power Up motherboard again, no signal of life.

You can see on picture, i put some values on it.

Resistor have continuity, and i check resistance and have only 006.8 Ohm value.
                                  The capacitor before resistor have O.L value and no continuity. (Pink Color on photo).
                                  The second tiny capacitor have 051.1 Ohm and no continuity.

So... I measure voltage and i get 19.35V aprox. only on the 4 pins of 1st MOSFET (DRAIN).
                                  After that i start to don't have any good value of voltage even on SOURCE pad and GATE pads...

Unfortunatley i dont buy yet a Power Supply i will provide one fast.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Why you put them all back without checking them out of circuit?? One of your first two dc in fets is shorted. Check them with multimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                      Why you put them all back without checking them out of circuit?? One of your first two dc in fets is shorted. Check them with multimeter.
                                      Ok, i will check, post the results here after...

Comment

Ok, hello guys.
                                        I have this values:

1st Mosfet (E080BN)
                                        Voltage Measure:
                                        Drain Pins (5/6/7/8) - 19.35V
                                        Source Pins (1/2/3) - 003.5mV
                                        Gate Pin (4) - 003.7mV

Continuity Measure to Ground - No Beep on all pins.
                                        Between all mosfet pins theres no beep too.

2nd Mosfet (E080BN)
                                        Voltage Measure:
                                        Drain Pins (5/6/7/8) - 003.3mV
                                        Source Pins (1/2/3) - 003.5mV
                                        Gate Pin (4) - 003.3mV

Continuity Measure to Ground - No Beep on all pins.
                                        Between all mosfet pins Source and Drain pins beeps for continuity.

If you have more suggestions i accept it, tips for measure and more.
                                        Thanks for all

Comment

Working...
                                        X