Comment

Re: HP DMI Tool NBDmiFit

Originally posted by aamir123 View Post
        hi imranromi can you contact me 03012922006 i am from karachi
        Check whatsapp

Comment

Hi guys,
          ive got hp elitebook 2170p, MPM unlocked but when i use dos tools [hpbq142] [NbDmiFit_2.12 doesnt work] or even windows [wndmifit] and fill missing fields then nothing is saved.

I dont know what to do. When i try to boot in UEFI from EFI file [bootx64.efi] then i have blinkin cursor in left upper corner.

Can someone can help me?

Comment

2,12 too new use older version

Comment

Which version do I need for an elitebook 840 g1?

Comment

Wdmifit did it

But I still have message of not committed, what do I need to do now?

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I am struggling, but I feel this thread has information I need to put me on the right track. If I need to create a separate post, or post in another thread/area, please just let me know.

I own an HP ENVY 750 that randomly lost its System Board CT Number. Going through the BIOS, I can see the SKU and Serial Number are still intact and I have the CT number recorded on a sticker inside the OEM case.

This is my first go-around with an HP hardware issue of this nature, but I am a systems engineer by trade, so I'm not afraid of poking around.

I have tried making a bootable FreeDOS USB drive and copied over the contents of NbDmiFit versions 2.09, 2.10, and 2.13 (each version was a separate attempt), all resulting in the same error message: "Vendor code not supported in this package"

I see references in this thread to unlocking the MPM, but I'm unfamiliar with that term so I assume I haven't done that. However, I don't think I'm even there yet since the error I'm receiving in the NbDmiFit script indicates I'm missing the necessary HPyyxxxx.exe file (If I understand the process correctly).

I'm not sure why this happened as I wasn't messing with the hardware of this pre-built machine at the time of the error. I haven't updated the BIOS recently, and I haven't done Windows updates this week (and the PC has been rebooted several times since the last updates were applied).

I'm not so much concerned with WHY this happened as getting this fixed. This is the only Windows machine I have at home. I'm hoping someone on here can help me fill in the gap of what I'm missing.

Here's a breakdown.

1. My desktop PC is an HP ENVY 750-437cb running Windows 10 Home (build 1903 or 1909, I don't remember which).
                    2. As stated, only the System Board CT Number is missing from the BIOS.
                    3. I have an additional laptop that I'm using to help fix the PC. It's an HP Elitebook running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. A lot of instructions I've found thus far are for a Windows machine fixing this problem and I've had to adapt those instructions for Linux (e.g. run 'dd' on FreeDOS.img instead of Rufus.exe to create a bootable USB media).
                    4. In the BIOS, I have disabled Secure Boot and enabled Legacy Boot.
                    5. I can boot into FreeDOS just fine, but running NbDmiFit.bat produces the error "Vendor code not supported in this package"

Any information/help is appreciated.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my HP elitebook 2470p. Every time I power it on:

Warning Machine is not in committed state

No motherboard has been replaced.
                        I try to use NBDmiFit tool but I can't fill any serial number (v.2.13).
                        The BRAND tool can't be used becase the descriptor is locked.
                        Lateset BIOS already installed.
                        Windows starts fine.

Please can you help me to fix this issue?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Aleandro View Post
                          Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my HP elitebook 2470p. Every time I power it on:

Warning Machine is not in committed state

No motherboard has been replaced.
                          I try to use NBDmiFit tool but I can't fill any serial number (v.2.13).
                          The BRAND tool can't be used becase the descriptor is locked.
                          Lateset BIOS already installed.
                          Windows starts fine.

Please can you help me to fix this issue?

Thanks
                          Try an older version such as HPBQ138_patched,and try the commit tool, it only works on older hp`s .
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-31-2019, 04:01 AM.
                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

you're far too kind

Comment

Hi, I recently replaced a motherboard in a HP 24-B016 Pavilion AIO and it works great except the error message on boot up that it is missing product, serial, etc. I have tried the nbdmifit which I think is too old. I have also tried Wndmifit, but this says my board is not supported.

Anyone know which version / tool to use for this machine? Does the newest version of tool support all machines and older? I have tried 2.09 and 2.13. Thanks in advance!

Comment

I was able to fix this by unlocking the MPM via nbdmifit uefi utility and then using HP BCU program located https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp100...0/sp100599.exe . I hope this helps someone and saves them some time!

Comment

Hello,
                                  I have a HP ProBook 650 G1 - when I start the laptop I am getting a message Product Information Not Valid. I know I am supposed to write the info manually, but I am not sure how. Which tool should I use to write the product info manually? I tried using HDMI tool and DR. Bios, but it's not working. MB manufacturer is Inventec.
                                  Waiting for helpful advice...
                                  Thanks

MPM is unlocked.
                                  Last edited by piernov; 01-18-2020, 06:10 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

i have hp elitebook 2560p. Everytime i power on it gives me error product infromation is not valid and i have bios updated to f66 is there anny solution i tried v 2.13 also but didn't work for me. any solution?

Comment

Originally posted by hassanulhaq View Post
                                      i have hp elitebook 2560p. Everytime i power on it gives me error product infromation is not valid and i have bios updated to f66 is there anny solution i tried v 2.13 also but didn't work for me. any solution?
                                      Yes post here bios dump i will fix your error..

Comment

I have a HP Probook 450 G1 that used to have a admin password, I flashed the bios with a clean one to remove the password (using a ch341a).
                                        After that I used the Wndmifit64.exe utility to program the serial number, sku and all that good stuff. after that I locked the mpm with the bat file. but I still have a the "Warning!! Machine is not in committed state". I did boot in EFI shell to run the startup.nsh but the it give me a "cannot determine ME capability". I also tried in dos, running the brand.bat, but it gives me a similar error.
                                        I'm sure sure what to do next... any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by GulagMaster View Post
                                          I have a HP Probook 450 G1 that used to have a admin password, I flashed the bios with a clean one to remove the password (using a ch341a).
                                          After that I used the Wndmifit64.exe utility to program the serial number, sku and all that good stuff. after that I locked the mpm with the bat file. but I still have a the "Warning!! Machine is not in committed state". I did boot in EFI shell to run the startup.nsh but the it give me a "cannot determine ME capability". I also tried in dos, running the brand.bat, but it gives me a similar error.
                                          I'm sure sure what to do next... any suggestions?
                                          Clean the ME region.If you don`t know how to do it post your bios backup in the bios requests section for cleaning.
                                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                                          X