Itox CB60BX bad caps: identifying the good ones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itox CB60BX bad caps: identifying the good ones

I have an Itox CB60BX rev. B1 that I got in 2002 and which has been sitting in the box since then except for being tested that it wasn't DOA. This is an industrial motherboard. I couldn't find any other PIII boards at that time with three ISA slots. Itox is a DFI subsidiary, I believe.

Much to my surprise, when I went to check to see what brand caps the CB60BX sported, I discovered that it has some popped Teapo 1000uF caps! I'm going to recap when I get some time to do a careful job. There are other Teapos on the board, but then there are some gold on black 1000uF caps near the CPU and near the RAM with red markings that appear to be better quality. Does anyone know what they are? Any idea what would be a comparable or better replacement for the Teapos?
    Attached Files

Re: Itox CB60BX bad caps: identifying the good ones

the ones near the cpu are panasonic.
    those are ok.
    panasonic fm should do fine in the place of the teapo's.
    not the first time i have seen caps bulge just sitting on the shelf.

Comment

Thanks. I'll get some Panasonics, Rubycons, or other high quality caps to replace those Teapos.

Comment

I ordered some Panasonic FMs to replace those vented 1000 uF Teapos. I think that I only need to replace those four caps to get the board in good shape. There are some smaller Teapos as well, 100 uF and 10 uF, but I probably don't need to replace those if I understand most people's experience here.

Comment

Hope the Re-cap goes well. Also, don't just replace the busted teapos, replace ANY that are 470uF and higher as Teapo will often fail without showing it.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

c_hegge,

My CB60BX/B1 has:

three 1000 uF, 10 V, 8 x 15 caps,

four 1000 uF, 10 V, 8 x 20 Teapos,

eleven 1000 uF, 10 V, 8 x 12.5 Panasonic caps,

two 100 uF, 16V, 5 x 10 caps,

eighteen 10 uF, 25 V, 4 mm caps.

I believe that the only large Teapos are the four 1000 uF ones, but I'll check.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still a little worried that I'm not careful enough because of my two recapped FIC FB11s that are still not 100% yet. I won't tackle this until I'm sure that I can do this without fail.

Comment

Working...
            X