Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 50PS30 Plasma TV No Picture, Sound Works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PS30 Plasma TV No Picture, Sound Works.

For now, I'd just like a picture of the control board so we can do some quick tests.
    Repairing a Y-sustain is unfortunately more complex than replacing capacitors, it often involves replacing multiple transistors, surface mount components, etc.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Well I am the proud new owner of a third LG50PS30 for 50 bucks got a parts tv pulled the complete Y SUS board. Replaced it in my tv and its back working like a charm only thing I notice is a slight very quite hum now where I replaced that board I am going to start my other tv at home and see if it makes the same noise.

Comment

Normal for plasma TVs to hum slightly in operation, shouldn't be audible from watching distance.
        Make sure all screws are tight in the Y-sustain board, as this can cause a hum (and eventually, on some models, it can cause the board to fail).
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Glad to hear you got it going. And Tom, to answer your previous post the VSC is what immediately led me to the Y-SUS. Every one of these I've come across has had a VSC of approximately 10% of what it should be. I actually personally owned a 50PS60 and it was one of my first repairs that got me into the business. Same YSUS board in that one.

Comment

Well my second TV 50ps30 popped last night, I have the back panel off and I don't see anything wrong. Made it a good 10 years march of 2019 manufacture we bought both at the same time.

I was watching youtube last night and noticed a bit of a blue light on the right hand side of the tv running the length of the screen it made a pop sound, I figured a capacitor blew. I don't see anything that indicates anything blown up. Now the tv powers on and the right hand side of the tv if you would divide it into vertical quarters across the screen the 4th quarter is all white.

Last edited by AndrewC63; 12-08-2019, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X