Samsung HTP5054x/xaa sound no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung HTP5054x/xaa sound no picture

Hello everyone. My son picked this up for himself and am trying to figure it out. Have only worked on two plasmas, a 43" samsung which needed buffers and ysus, and an old 43" dell that wa sonly caps on psb.

Has blank screen. Original owner took it to shop and they supposedly told him panel was good but did not work on it or tell him what was wrong. I hooked up dvd player and got sound.

I checked Vs at 207V label says 207V. VA is at 40V should be 63V and will not adjust, VSC is at 109.6V and should be -190V and will not adjust, and VE is at 131V and should be 91V and will not adjust. Va is the only one that will adjust properly.

Tried disconnecting boards from power supply and VS and VA stay same. Checked ESR on caps and also checked fuses and diodes.

Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung HTP5054x/xaa sound no picture

Have you checked for S/C on the Ymain ? Also does the screen glow in a dark room ?
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

check upper and lower buffers if bad y main is too, hard to find and expensive when you do

Comment

Hard to find and expensive, but if you know what you are doing they are easy to repair.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Thanks for the reply ReeceyBurger123. I have no glow on screen and I checked what I think is sc. There is a small rectangular box will ysc and a small test spot located lower left of y sus. I get -45v.

Comment

S\C means short circuit, do you know how to check for this ? Sounds like this is suffering from a very common issue on these boards.

Comment

Sorry ReeceyBurger123, did not understand. will research how to check for shorts. Thanks.

Comment

I got back to this thing and I do have short circuits on upper y buffer and y main.

So with y buffers and y main disconnected I still get good vs 207v but only 41v on va, and 130v on ve.

If I disconnect the ribbon cable from bottom of X main that goes to logic board, my ve voltage drops to 99v and vs still 207v and va still 41v.

I am thinking I have problem with power board as far as my va goes? Do you all think I also have a problem with the x main too? I have swapped out logic board with a supposedly good one with no different results. The LED on logic is steady on no blinking. This TV seems to be a giant headache and an expensive repair. Thanks

Comment

I have repaired four of these and all of them had something wrong on smps as well as Y buffers..half of them had bad components on y main..

Comment

Working...
                  X