Laptop wont boot after installing new motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop wont boot after installing new motherboard

My Dell Inspiron 1501 developed a problem. The Battery stopped charging. However powered from the mains it continued to work perfectly. Tested various components (power supply, different batteries etc) but nothing worked, and so installed new motherboard today.* When I restarted the laptop with the new motherboard the fan worked for about three seconds, the DVD drive clicked, and then everything went dead. Tried this several times, several ways, but no difference.* I noticed that the led light came on when I pressed the on/button to start and it stayed on after the boot sequence suddenly stopped. It only went off when I pressed the off/button. Next I took out the new motherboard and re-installed the old one (I wanted to find out whether it was the new motherboard was at fault). But it wasn't the new motherboard. When I booted the fan ran for about 3 second, the DVD drive clicked and it went dead. Maybe the problem is being caused by the way in which I installed the motherboard (but I went very carefully and followed all instructions to the letter). However someone out there may have advice and suggestions.

Re: Laptop wont boot after installing new motherboard

Make sure you locked the CPU socket. Would be a silly mistake, i know, but i've done it more than once.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
    X