Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALLY found some Samxon in a retail product...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY found some Samxon in a retail product...

Just opened up my Jensen XA275 car amp and found that every cap in there is a Samxon. I've never had any problems with the amp, and it's been abused, big time. I've run it into thermal protection on several occasions. I took it apart because it's time for a more powerful amp for my subs. I realise these aren't low ESR caps, but this amp is several years old, and these Samxon's are still kicking. Do you think the amp might benefit (more power?) from better caps?

Ludicrous gibs!

Re: FINALLY found some Samxon in a retail product...

Dood I don't really think I would increase the power by replacing the caps. I think the output depends on the transistors. What model are your subs because I bet they can take more than that amp can put out (about 175watts). Are you running a 2ohm or 4ohm speaker load. I think it's a nice looking amp from the bottom. Profile is a good but cheap brand of amps, they sell refubs on their website. http://www.profilecaraudio.com/ there are other good brands too.

Comment

I'm going to be replacing this with a Profile AP1000m amp as soon as I get the extra money. This Jensen amp actually came free with some subs I bought quite a while ago. The subs I'm running now are Polk Audio DB104's, and I have two of them in a sealed box. They present a 4 ohm load, and if I try to run them at 2ohm with the amp bridged, it kicks the load protect at any appreciable amount of volume. I know I need a new amp... I just need some money, too
      Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

i have large low profile samxon caps in my logitech z2300 amp.
        Specs
        DFI AM2 LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
        X2 3800+EE AM2
        2x1GB OCZ PC2-6400 Platinum XTC
        XFX 7900GS
        Maxtor 6L250S0
        Maxtor 6V300F0
        Western Digital WD2500JS
        Mushkin HP-550(Cap/Filter Modded)

Cooling
        Swiftech Apogee
        Swiftech MCW-60
        Swiftech MCP-600
        HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Comment

Nice, dood, very nice! So I quess I won't need prepare replacement for all the Samxons I used, hehe. They will hold. Several years is more that one can hope for in the cap's bussines

Thanks on valuable contribution to the longetivity of Samxon's question.
          "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
          "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Comment

He he he not that fast trodas, it isn`t that hard to make good caps. But it is very challenging to make ultra low esr (probably water based) and long live caps.....i don`t think that Samxon is bad in any respect. But of course, if i have the choice i would by rubys. But for EU endusers like us, availibility is the mater.
            Last edited by gonzo0815; 06-20-2006, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Well, you are right - but at least we can judge that the Samxons can't be junk crap like GST or Teapos for sure.

Now the low ESR - yep, got that right - stressed and if they will still hold for long, that is the test But given my very positive experience with these, I would not go for Ruby MBZ - Samxons GC got better specs over MBZ:

Samxon GC 2200uF 16V - impedance 0.008 - ripple current 3270 (2000 hours) - 12.5x25
              Samxon GC 1800uF 16V - impedance 0.009 - ripple current 3190 (2000 hours) - 10x25
              Rubycon MBZ 1800uF 16V - impedance 0.013 - ripple current 2800 (2000 hours) 10x23
              ...so given my extreme needs - I go for GC over MBZ any given time
              The specs is so much better.

In fact, MBZ lose in ripple/longetivity even to Pannyes, one can even in Europe obtain trough http://digi-key.com
              Panasonic FM 2200uF 16V - impedance 0.015 - ripple current 3190 (7000 hours) 12.5x25

The post cost get better if you can send it to friend in US for 8$ and then he send only the caps in padded evenlope for another 7-8$ to you. Directly they want 25 or 26$ and use BIG box

But if I get chance to get Ruby MCZ or even better - Nichicon HZ caps - I would use them immediately But I think that sooner the superior GA line of Samxons start producing that this happens...

I seriously don't know where to get caps in Europe except for mentioned shop for Pannyes FM/FC and Nichicons HE (+ few normal versions of Nichicons) and helpfull Samxons seller Big Pope. If you get other sources, please share
              "It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
              "I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway my config - my caps

Comment

Originally posted by trodas
                I seriously don't know where to get caps in Europe except for mentioned shop for Pannyes FM/FC and Nichicons HE (+ few normal versions of Nichicons) and helpfull Samxons seller Big Pope. If you get other sources, please share
                Well, I use Elfa but they only sell Sanyo MV-WX caps, not exactly the same level as Rybycon MBZ...

Dunno where else to get better caps in Europe though (unless you want 1000x of them...)
                "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
                X