Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vizio TV VF550XVT1A No blacklight. Has sound and passes flashlight test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio TV VF550XVT1A No blacklight. Has sound and passes flashlight test.

Long story short. Purchased a Chromecast, and forgot to turn the TV off before heading to the grocery store. Came home to a black screen. When plugged in the TV has the amber Vizio logo, and it turns white when the power button is pressed. I also hear a relay click on the power board. Initially thought that the Chromecast caused a short in the main board so I swapped out the main board, but it did not fix the problem.

Found out about flashlight test after all this, and it passed with both main boards. (I can see a picture if I shine the light into the screen.) Also, I have sound.

Trying to determine if this might be a power board issue or if there is something wrong with the inverter boards.

The model of the TV is a Vizio VF550XVT1A. Also attached some pictures. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the inverter boards, but below are some links so we all get a visual. There are two of them. (one on each side)
    http://www.vizpartsdirect.com/produc...temInfoId=1593
    http://www.vizpartsdirect.com/produc...temInfoId=1594

Thanks in advance guys!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bpk1337; 06-05-2015, 02:07 PM.

Re: Vizio TV VF550XVT1A No blacklight. Has sound and passes flashlight test.

Bump

Comment

Added pictures of the control board, and the 2 inverter boards. I have a soldering tools, a DMM, and a few years of electrical experience working in assembly as a tech. Just need an idea of where to start. Any advice at all would be appreciated guys.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have the same TV I'm working on now with the same symptom. Anyone have any thoughts? I've found that the 24v supplies from the power supply do not come up at all. When I unplug the two cables going to the slave and master inverter boards, then I get 1.2v at the power supply, which led me to feel that the power supply has some type of problem. I replaced it, but still no backlight.

Comment

Originally posted by Truncatedhose View Post
          I have the same TV I'm working on now with the same symptom. Anyone have any thoughts? I've found that the 24v supplies from the power supply do not come up at all. When I unplug the two cables going to the slave and master inverter boards, then I get 1.2v at the power supply, which led me to feel that the power supply has some type of problem. I replaced it, but still no backlight.
          Hey, you should return the power supply, if you can, and replace the two inverter boards. I went through a similar process thinking it was the main board. VizParts was great and let me return main board without the restocking fee. I purchased a set of inverter boards off shopjimmy (found a good deal). (linked below) The TV has been working great ever since! It's been 2 years since the "repair". Make sure to check the similar part numbers for a better deal. Good luck!

https://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-6632l-0...verter-kit.htm

Comment

Do you now have your 24v? What is voltage across main cap?
            I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
            X