PNY GeForce 7300GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNY GeForce 7300GT

Had 1 bad KZG cap but I replaced them all anyways...It wasn't even worked that hard and was fed low ripple by a good PSU.

The only one bulging still read 1050uF but the ESR was 0.92Ω
    Attached Files

Re: PNY GeForce 7300GT

Why are KZGs still being used? (okay, I get that the 7300GT is an old card, but still) They are crap... I see them fail on motherboards all the time, as much as CapXons fail in PSUs... they are truly awful.... why hasn't Nippon Chemi-con figured out it's a dud series that at least needs to have its electrolyte mended by now?? How could KZGs survive torture testing? It seems there are two kinds of KZGs... some that fail within a year's time and some that last several years before going, like the bad batches of Chinese/Taiwanese garbage...

I do wonder if some of those FETs ran hot on that card, though, or if the coil did, or if the RAM chips do? But even then, disappointing... seems KZG isn't good for anything (though I get that often more powerful graphics cards do need low ESR capacitors, more than even PSUs). 92 ohms is definitely out of spec, those 1000uF, 6.3V KZGs should be around 30 ohms in terms of ESR (your can sizes match those in the datasheet)...
    Last edited by Wester547; 06-12-2013, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Re: PNY GeForce 7300GT

I know I can't believe they haven't figured out how bad they are!...I still see them on brand new stuff too. Way too inconsistent. The one that was bulging was the top left one, the one that you'd think would run the coolest.

Comment

Working...
      X