Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hanns G HW191DP inverter board, in need of Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanns G HW191DP inverter board, in need of Help.

Hello,

This is my first time posting here, I found this site very useful in repairing the inverter board in my Westinghouse 1975NW. I now have a similar problem with a Hanns G HW191DP. I haven't been able to find much information on it and i was hopeing someone here, with a little more experience, might be able to shed a little light on my situation.

I will start by replacing the electrolytics, but I was wondering if any other components would need replacing as did in the Westinghouse model (a smd fuse, and 2 mosfets.) I'm sure I can test the 3 red fuses myself but I'm not sure about the mosfets or other larger smd compontents.

I took some pictures of the board, The burst caps are marked with an x, all electrolytics have values labeled in red, the fuses I found are circled in orange, semiconductors labeled in yellow.

What I would like to know is how likely is it that one of the mosfets or smd components needs replacing, I caught this problem early when it first began failing; and lets say I will replace the 470uF caps and 1000uf caps, am i correct in assuming the 100uF 400v is fine, as it has not burst, or should i replace it aswell?

All the fuse locations I could find:

F901 - missing
    F901A - missing
    F801 - 2A
    F802 - 2A
    F803 - 2A

Any help anyone can give me will be appreciated.

Cheers!

Re: Hanns G HW191DP inverter board, in need of Help.

So I've found it to be a TJ777 VP-775 Power Supply Board. If that help.

Comment

Originally posted by ScientistJoe View Post
      I will start by replacing the electrolytics,
      Replace them ALL. 7 out 10 have visibly failed not counting the big one.

What I would like to know is how likely is it that one of the mosfets or smd components needs replacing,
      You can take a look at this

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

It has instructions on how to test a fuse, transistor, and other components.

am i correct in assuming the 100uF 400v is fine, as it has not burst, or should i replace it aswell?
      The big cap rarely, but not never, fails. It is optional, but seeing out 7 out of 10 have failed, you might as well recap the big one.

PS. Please don't post images inline. They slow down the loading of pages. Follow this instructions.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I apologize for the inline pictures I didn't know how to put them in as an attachment and I couldn't edit the post to change them to URL.

Thank you for you good advice I'll check those links out.

Comment

I agree that replacing the caps is a step in the right direction, but you never did describe the problem with your monitor. Replacing fuses and mosfets at this point without checking them first would be a waste of money.

Comment

Forgive me the problem presented like a previous monitor I had (that required caps and mosfets, apparently it was a common problem and was able to find a kit with all the needed parts.) At first it was slow to respond after hibernating then, it would come on for a few seconds then go dark, image viewable with a flashlight, indicating inverter of back light. The monitor would finally come on after a few power cycles. at this point I stopped using it and began disassembling the monitor.

I've replaced many caps mostly working with tube amps, I'm afraid I never learned much about FETs and since there is no clear cut replace this to fix that common problem I was hoping for some in sight on how to diagnose the inverter board.

I've since tested all the fuses in place and they seem fine. I will replace caps sometime this week when I get the parts and go from there.

Comment

Working...
            X