Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50ln5600

Hello,
    We've got an LG 50LN5600 tv. The leds have been replaced, however, now there are these small black lines that come on a few sec and then go back off after a few sec. This continues as long as the tv is on. The picture will brighten up on its own and the lines will show up, but when the picture dims back down they disappear and the picture looks great. What could be causing this?

The picture I've attached is a close up of the lines. I have not been able to get a picture of the display without the lines, but it looks the same except without the lines. I'm sorry it's not the best quality as I just have a cell phone camera to use.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: 50ln5600

try and re-seat ribbon cables from t-con to screen.
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

We will try that. We have once, but will double check it.

Thanks

Comment

I reset the ribbon cables and it did not appear to make a difference. Even cleaned the contacts just in case there might have been some sort of build up on them. I, also, checked the power supply for any jumps in power at the leds; no power jumps. One side of the led read 65 v where the other read 64 v, but each held steady.

Comment

You may have damaged a ribbon going into the LCD panel. Inspect for tears in ribbons especially the ones on each side if the panel. Gate drivers.
          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

The ribbons look ok. I ran my finger across the boards and the bottom of the panel to see if one may have been pulled lose, but it didn't change anything. I'll check again later when the batteries are recharged on the bright light for any tears or breaks.

Comment

Sorry it took so long to reply. The cables seem to look fine as do the ones coming from the t-con.

Comment

Working...
              X