Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Lenco R600 Stereo

Hi everyone,
    got this old lenco R600 Stereo Receiver. It has worked good for all these years. Last 31st December i used it for a few hours to listen to the music.
    Was working good, except for the central pot that adjust the volume and balance, if i move it i can hear some sparkling sounds, maybe the component is old and need to be replaced. Tried contacts cleaner, better but not perfect.
    Anyway the day after i tried to power it on but no output sound.
    It has 2 outputs: Speaker A and B, each one for 2 speakers L-R.
    Usually when i select Speaker A or B i can hear the relay that powers on, this time no sound at all.
    So i've disassembled it, and i've found out a very strange thing.
    One pin of the coil of the relays is soldered to -40V line (tested, -40V constant).
    The other pin of each coil is enabled by the control in the front of the receiver (speaker A, Speaker B).
    When i power on the receiver, and i enable Speaker A for example, i have only 8VDC between the pins of the coil (same thing for Speaker B anyway), but the relay is a 24VDC one.
    If i wait some time (1 min more or less) the voltage slowly increasing, and when it reaches 14V the relay powers on and all is working perfectly (both speaker A and B).
    If i disconnect the power, i wait several minutes and i try again, i have to wait another minute to have the relays ON.
    If i disconnect the power but i power it on again after 20 sec for example, all is working good, i suppose because the capacitor remains charged.
    Looks like a capacitor problem...i replaced the ones on the left of the mainboard without success.
    I didn't replace the 2 big capacitors, but i suppose their only purpose is to filter the AC power.
    I don't know what to do, because i can't even find a schematic.
    Maybe is due to a bad transistor? Please help, thanks

Re: Old Lenco R600 Stereo

If the supply voltage is constant then the problem is on the switch end, could be corroded switch contacts, try working the switch back and forth a few times, or use a spray cleaner like deoxit.
    Check the other end of the switch, or does the switch control a transistor? without a schematic I'm only guessing

Comment

Check the +14V line on the regulator board. Here is a service manual for a similar unit:

you have to wait a little bit until the download button comes up.
      Last edited by CapLeaker; 01-20-2018, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Download the manual for the A-600, it is closer (has the A & B speaker switches)

If this circuit in this schematic matches the receiver:
        The relay coil connect to the -37 volts then to one side of the coil, the other side of the coil connect to a 330 ohm resistor, then to the speaker switch, then to Q133 collector, which when turned on completes the circuit to ground.

Check the cap C108 on the -6.6 volt line and C120 on the -2.62 volt line
        and maybe c119 off base of Q134.
        Q134 is the protection circuit, so you may want to check that the voltage on L101 & L102 is close to 0 volts
        If there is too much offset Q133 will not be turned on
        Last edited by R_J; 01-20-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

thank you all for the answers.
          I've already replaced some caps, also C119 and C120.
          The only one i didn't replace was the C108....it's a 47uF capacitor.
          Desoldered, is measuring 25pf...replaced and all is working now!
          Thank you!

To make it perfect now, would be great if i can find a replacement for the volume/balance pot, but i've never seen a similar pot in my life.

Comment

Good to here you have it working, Try using a good control cleaner like deoxit. you need a cleaner that leaves a bit of lube behind.
            Last edited by R_J; 01-21-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              Good to here you have it working, Try using a good control cleaner like deoxit. you need a cleaner that leaves a bit of lube behind.
              I used this one, almost everywhere on the board and on the controls.

http://www.duecielectronic.it/index2...22&cat=pulizia

I will try deoxit, but there are many different versions....which type should i buy? thank you.
              Last edited by seve91; 01-22-2018, 12:35 AM.

Comment

What you used is a degreaser "It rapidly evaporates, leaving no residue" I bet the control worked better shortly after spraying but the scratchy noise came back shortly after. Deoxit D series D5, just get the smallest amount, you don't need much, a small squirt into each control is all you need.
                There are other brands also like MG NU-TROL, it also works, maybe just not as good, depends on who you ask and I'm not asking
                Last edited by R_J; 01-22-2018, 11:27 AM.

Comment

What you used is a degreaser "It rapidly evaporates, leaving no residue" I bet the control worked better shortly after spraying but the scratchy noise came back shortly after. Deoxit D series D5, just get the smallest amount, you don't need much, a small squirt into each control is all you need.
                  There are other brands also like MG NU-TROL, it also works, maybe just not as good, depends on who you ask and I'm not asking
                  buying it from Italy is quite expensive. If is that good as you said, i'll buy it.
                  Otherwise if you can advice me a "local" alternative products would be better.

thanks

EDIT: Bought from the US...almost 29 euros.
                  Last edited by seve91; 01-22-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I know it's not cheap, MG Chemical makes Nu-TROL which is cheaper, I just don't know what's available in Italy.
                    Maybe this? Kontakt Chemie Cleaner 601
                    https://www.thomann.de/gb/kontakt_ch...ntaktspray.htm
                    Last edited by R_J; 01-22-2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

looks like that all these contact cleaners evaporate without residue.
                      Anyway i've bought it from US, i hope to fix the issue because it's impossible to find the replacement for the volume/balance pot

Comment

Even the best control cleaners may not clear up all the scratchy sound, I have had a couple controls that were that way, I applied a small amount of contact grease into them and that fixed them.
                        I have seen others use a bit of white lithium grease also. DO NOT use WD-40
                        Last edited by R_J; 01-23-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Even the best control cleaners may not clear up all the scratchy sound, I have had a couple controls that were that way, I applied a small amount of contact grease into them and that fixed them.
                          I have seen others use a bit of white lithium grease also. DO NOT use WD-40
                          which contact grease do you advice? I was thinking about WD40
                          Why is not suggested?

Comment

The contact grease I have is ment for electrical contacts, It came from Sony for use in there mode switches. I also have some that was used in the days of mechanical channel tuners in tv's. WD-40 could cause problems with the resitive carbon in the control.
                            They do make contact grease for use in automotive (to waterproof plug connections)

Comment

Dear R_J, around 40 years ago I was a teenager and as my first WiFi device I bought a Lenco R600 sintoamp. It has worked perfectly until some months ago when i expereince the same problem of Seven91 described above (Speaker A & B relays doesn't work). So i google and found this forum, I downloaded the A600 schematics and thanks to your hints I replaced some capacitors and now I can hear again music from my toy I am fond of!. THANKS!.
                              Now I still have a small problem: The FM preselectors (8 channels plus Manual), despite being powered and functioning, have lost their sensitivity and even touching them several times I cannot select the channel.
                              I downloaded the manual of the T600 which has the same circuit, but I was unable to copy where the problem is. Could you please help me?
                              Thanks so much
                              Antonello

Comment

Check the voltage on Q429. Check the voltage (C) (24.5) You might have a badcap, C440, C439.
                                Last edited by R_J; 05-16-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X