Sony kdl-70w850b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony kdl-70w850b

So frustrated, my TV was having inverted color issues so I purchased a new TCON, installed it and now when I turn it on the power led comes on white and then it goes into a constant amber/green flash, no backlights, nothing but the constant flashing. I removed the TCON and put my old one back in and now I get no picture, just back-light and tones when I switch options around and a garble of colors on the screen, the screen moves so I know I am getting menus, just can't see them. I was told I need to flash the firmware with the new TCON installed while it is flashing amber/green but how do I do that if I have no way to see anything on the screen? I am so frustrated.

PLEASE HELP ME RECOVER THIS TV......

Just wanted to reiterate prior to installing the new TCON I was able to get a not perfect but decent picture.
    Last edited by zukdj; 04-26-2017, 06:07 PM.

Re: Sony kdl-70w850b

Check your ribbon and lvds sounds like connector or cable problem.
    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I was told firmware is not consistent across all boards, turned it on and plugged in the USB with the bin file on it to see if it will force install the firmware.

Comment

Prior to installing the new TCON all the images had a red hue around them, it is most evident in the picture of the guitar. Cartoons were the best but once you started with overlays the pics got nasty.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by zukdj; 04-26-2017, 09:01 PM. Reason: attach photos

Comment

After installing the new TCON and forcing a firmware update I now get a very different scenario. The firmware was needed to get everything on the same firmware. See pics of TV now. I have no testing meters, I am a newbie, what would be the best guess at what is causing this? I'm thinking the firmware only further damaged whatever board was failing, suggestions?
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X