Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geforce 9600 Blown Caps Replacements

Badcaps forum members!

Can you guys help me in determine which will be the replacements for the following caps? I reviewed the Nichicon variety and not sure if I need the HN or HZ version.

1. FZ83 1000 6.3V
    2. FZ87 1500 6.3V
    3. FZ88 1500 6.3V

Let me know if you need additional info.

Please refer to the attached pics.

Thanks in advanced!

Joed
    Attached Files

Re: Geforce 9600 Blown Caps Replacements

The classic Sacon FZ ... well known for dying.

Replace with Nichicon HM/ HN, Panasonic FM/FR would also be great if you can't find the previous ones.

This site's online store stocks both 1000uF and 1500uF 6.3v, I believe Nichicon HZ which is even better (and somewhat overkill) but it would work.

Other places to buy, I guess mouser.com or digikey.com or newark.com since they're closer to you.

Comment

Re: Geforce 9600 Blown Caps Replacements

I found my old thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24324 where I did a poly-mod to my older 6600GT.

Doing this is at your own risk, I bought the caps from this site's cap store. If possible, map all the caps and the working voltages and we may be able to help you. The Sacon FZ's are the worst caps used, they're mostly on video cards and sometimes they fail loudly.....
      Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

Working...
      X