3300uf 6.3v in place of 2200uf 6.3v?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3300uf 6.3v in place of 2200uf 6.3v?

Working on a Dell Dimension 4700 here and see that one of the caps is starting to expand. The rest look fine so far, and I don't think any of the problems with it are because of this cap YET, but wondering if this is too far to budge with a replacement?

I wouldn't re-cap the whole board at this point. *I* know there will probably be issues in the future, but that doesn't mean the client agrees enough to care.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Re: 3300uf 6.3v in place of 2200uf 6.3v?

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=33

2200uF is easy to come by and cheaper. Using a 3300uF in place of it is rather moot....unless you're cannibalizing it from another board, in which case, I'm sure a 2200uF could be found as well.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

I just happen to have the 3300's here. I don't have any 2200's right now... does that change anything?
      (actually just an order from you last week)
      Last edited by bw1; 10-06-2010, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Wait for the right caps. Not a good idea to be creative on a client's machine...

Order a full set of caps for the board and set aside.

If the idiot client won't let you do the whole board at once then be happy billing them for replacing one or two at a time.
        It was THEIR idea after all.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

if you replace all in the group on vrm out it will be fine with the 3300's.however there is something to be said for staying with the original values.and always replace all rather than just the bad one.if all i had were 3300's and it was a rush job i would use them.

Comment

Working...
          X