This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, just joined the site to try and find a fix for a Panasonic Plasma TV. thanks for the info

Comment

Hello everyone.
      I've joined the site to access and possibly contribute to the vast technical knowledge the membership has created.
      I've got a Samsung un46c6300sf that seems to have a bad main board and a Vizio 70 lcd that is known for TCON issues and bad panels.
      While they may prove to be lost causes the experience is part of the fun.

Comment

Hello Everyone,
        I am Here For Info on a Sanyo 52" DP52499 T.V.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Name's Robert. I'm here in sunny Florida working with FPL through CompuCom along with multiple other techs throughout this great state I help keep the FPL up and running keeping the power flowing to multiple thousands of customer throughout the state as well as throughout the country through NEER.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm Chia from Malaysia.
            Joining here to learn how to revive some old laptops.
            I was able to revive one based on the info here at BadCaps.
            Hope to learn more.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I am new here, found this forum when searching for solutions to my Samsung LCD TV. It has developed a weird problem that I cannot resolve and I have searched around but no one seems to have this TV let along experiencing the problems I have. Sorry if my introduction is not much of an introduction. I am not very happy with Samsung right now.

Comment

Hi -- I'm from Thailand and got here looking for ways to fix my beloved Samsung 214T SyncMaster. Samsung repair center here says "too old" and won't/can't fix it. So now I'm doing it myself. I've already replaced the power board caps, and that didn't work. I still get 2 seconds to black. So now I guess it's either a new power supply board or new lamp(s). I can shine a flashlight on the dark screen and see an image (after the 2 seconds to black flash), so I guess either another component on the power board is fried or else I've got a bad lamp. Hope it's the power board. The lamps looks a lot harder to replace. That's about it. Lots of good info here on Badcaps. Thanks for the help this everyone has already provided.

Comment

Good morning;
                  Mac here - I've been a member for a long time, but first post and all that...

I was trained by The Royal Navy as a weapons engineer; that was "an education" to say the least! I'm now working for the NHS as an IT manager looking after many PCs and many different systems. I'm always looking to "up-cycle" old hardware, from old laptops running the coffee machine (done that) to an arduino based in/out board for the office.

Happiest in front of a soldering iron, but equally satisfied with a Linux prompt or Windows.

Comment

Hi everybody!

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello, my name is Eddie. I am a Field service technician, in the material handling industry. When any of my personal property breaks , I have to try and fix it.

Comment

Hi found this forum while searching about my tv problem. Lots of interesting info

Comment

Hello everyone I just joined this forum to search for higher knowledge and an answer to what torments me at this point in life, basically trying to find answers to old life meaningful questions like "Why my 2 year old VIZIO TV almost died on my and why are these TV so cheaply made here in the US?".

Comment

Hi all,joined to share and collect repairs of monitors ...

Now I'am looking for acer 1916w tips to repair one of my monitors ...

Looking for samsung 940n repair manual for my doughter ...

Greetz from croatia

Comment

Hello
                                I am electronics technician for 30 years and found this forum on a google search

I will enjoy being around here

Comment

just a guy in this world.. looking to fix my tv.. miss the rom102 days if ya know what i mean

Comment

Well, I'm here because I've followed badcaps.net for years, and have always been caught in a rush to get a server back online and have just bought new, but I have a system this time that I like, a lot, and Sunday it decided all on its own to just turn off its onboard disc controller - permanently. The caps look good, but after spinning for 7 years, and being the aluminum covered caps, its really hard to tell. The box was spinning 6 SATA drives with primary channel having drives 1/2 in raid0 (mdraid - 4 partitions), the secondary channel had 2 drives in raid0 (dmraid [a/k/a fake raid] - for partitions), and the final 2 drives attached to ESATA ports 5/6. It had run for years and been a great box. Sunday, one of our hottest days this year, it's last message was "Buss Error (core dumped)". Since we have pulled all drives and with no drives connected the board POSTS/boots fine. Popping the Archlinux Install media in the DVD drive instantly produces a running machine. I've tried with drives only attached to the primary controller and POST stops at "Detecting Hard Drives" (which is confirmed by the onboard LED sequence lights). I've tried drive 1 along - same error. Drive 2 along - same error. Swap SATA cables - same error. Swap new 550W PSU - same error (it too boots without issue with no drives attached.) So the bottom line it is no longer recognizes drives attached to the onboard controller. Without any discs attached, it is OK. So once disassembly is complete, it's coming your way. So Hello to All!

Comment

Hello everybody

Comment

Hello been lurking a while and now i need some help.

Comment

Hi There,
                                          I'm one of those people that like to try and fix things on my own. I'm good with a soldering iron and have built a few guitar amps from kits. I wasnt to try my hand at fixing a Mac Pro PSU... I have just enough electronics background to screw up everything worse. Hopefully I can learn some things from this forum!

Comment

Working...
                                          X