This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hello, islander here from Canada, looking to fix my first tv.

Comment

Hi
      i am very happy coz i have become a new member of this forum. i have used this forum content to fix some motherboards earlier.
      Thanks to all for their support and work

Comment

Hi all,

I'm also a tinkerer Have some various electronic stuff that I'd like to repair, but i need to learn more before I get into it. Thanks for the great infomation source!

Cheers, J

Comment

New Member: Kallla - Hello to all passionate people in here

Hello Everybody,
          My name is Dan but I go along by the handle Kallla almost everywhere.
          I am a 64 years old electrical engineer that enjoy a lot the hobby and doing small projects on my own. As far as job I am currently working in R&D for a company that is designing metering devices (electrical, water and gas AMR devices and more ...). As far as TV repairs that is a nice memory from the years after college when I worked on a repair shop repairing tons of junk (analog TV's at that time) and as you imagine the most often cause was the "always dry" capacitor ...lol... now I am working mostly on low power microcontrollers hardware/firmware design that need to last 20 years in field on a little AA battery but that does not diminish the time when I take the iron and a scope or voltmeter to do a lot of hand-on myself...

I decided to join this fine community after reading some of the posts and figure out I can find here high qualified people that can shorten my learning curve to accomplish my first TV debug small project in long time (I'm basically stepping back into this arena after almost 20 years of absence ... so definitely need to refresh and learn new things ...cause technology has made big leap since then...).

Thank You ... and hope to enjoy it !!
          Kalla

Comment

Hey, laxdad here! Looking for confirmation of a bad Tcon board. Looking to find some good info here!

Comment

Hi, My name is Mark and I like to have a crack t fixing most things. I currently have an NEC NLT-32HDB3 LCD TV that will not power on with no Standby LED. Suspect PSU fault. Only seeing 5V standby power on output of PSU board.

Comment

I'm new here. My name is Thomas. I'm not a stranger to electronics -- i've been designing telecom network equipment for the last 10 years. I hold a CpE degree from Oregon State University and I live out here in the green (and rainy!) Pacific Northwest.

I found this forum from a google search after my Panasonic plasma TV died (circa 2007). I'm hoping to find some kind help from the community here and get the TV back on track!

Thank you and have a wonderful day
                -Thomas
                I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Hello myname is Juan

Comment

Hello from belgium

Comment

Welp, been a lurker on the forum for quite awhile now usually from researching electronic issues and google would point me to this forum. I figured I would now actually join so that I could perhaps help out the community with my experiences.

Comment

New registered for repair my monitor. Thanks for all who sharing experiences.

Comment

Hello! I'm new here and found this forum through google because I was having monitor issues and thought this might be a nice place to ask!

Comment

Posting requisite hello.

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm posting my required hello, as well. I am having some trouble with a TV I bought at Walmart a couple of Black Fridays ago. I think I've narrowed down to the correct part, but I joined so I could as a few more questions to make sure.

Comment

Hello, my name is Cherry. I am new here. Nice to see you. I am now a IC design student in China. Hope we can enjoy ourselves in this big home. Thank you.

Comment

Hello. I'm James from Derby UK. I've been a reader for a significant amount of time without making any contribution, so I'd like to change that hopefully.

I'd like to say a huge thanks to the many people that have provided me with info and advice in the past.

Comment

Hi everyone, Im Spencer just saying a big hello from Leeds England. il be needing advice on fixing my samsung lcd tv

Comment

Hello

I'm Gary. I'm old. I've got this D865dlg with some bad caps. It's old PATA but it's the box that my Grandsons and I fly simulators on; networked with another box. I just graduated "Suma Cum Laude" from ASUMH with a degree in information systems technologies, with an emphasis in graphics design and I am also ComTIA A+ Certified. I am also a formally trained and experienced PCB designer, an Electro-mechanical Designer, Advanced On-site Waste Water Systems Designer, draftsman, veteran, pilot, Grandfather, and gardener.
                                      In retrospect, I'm wondering, "Why do I still feel stupid?"
                                      We live way out in the woods. All we have is a really expensive "mifi" that cost us between 8-10 bucks a Gb.
                                      Anyway, I'm here. Get over it.

Thanks,
                                      Gary

Comment

Hello, Im Evan. Im new here

Comment

Hi everyone. I have found excellent info here and decided to join.

Comment

Working...
                                          X