This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm new here and stopping by to say hello. I'm new to electronics repair but not new to computers. I've been working in IT professionally since 1994-ish. I love learning new things, and I'm addicted to repairing things. I order broken things online, just to try and fix them. I like a challenge. I expect I'll learn a lot here. Thanks!

Comment

Hi everybody!!! I'm the newbie to this forum. I have been in the electronics for over 30 years in the consumer, industrial and classified sides of the field. I decided to start repairing all of the projects that I have gathered along the years and came upon this site and see that it is very informative and give a lot of pointers and tips. I look forward to reading and sharing more information. Thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm not a pro but from messing around and building my own computers for 20+ years I've picked up a thing or two. Most of my friends come to me when they have problems, software or hardware or whatever. It's amazing what some people do to their stuff. Anyway great forum, I've already learned a lot just reading and I hope you guys can help me with my latest conundrum! Cheers!

Comment

Hi, folks,
          I'm brand new to the forum, am looking forward to spending more time on it to learn how to keep my old computers & monitors working. So far, looks great! Thanks - currierg

Comment

Just to introduce myself I'm Jim from Wildcat Music.
            As the name suggests I'm involved in the music business Entertaining, Songwriting Performing Recording etc

Comment

Hello everyone. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two about fixing tvs while I'm here.

Comment

Hello.
                I'm Magnus K from sweden and interested in electronics since about 30 years.
                Doing some PCB and small projects at home.

Comment

Good day everyone, I've never posted anything on any forums whatsoever.
                  Main reason is due to an issue that I have with a TV purchased 2 years ago.
                  Hopefully I will be able to get some answers to my issue.
                  Thank you all.

Comment

Hi everyone.

Comment

Hi all and thanks for accepting me in to this group

Comment

Hello humans!
                        I'm from Portugal, more specifically Setubal (near Lisbon).
                        Currently a hobbier, but trying to become professional :P. I am doing an internship in radiotherapy company and I am finishing my master in electronics engineering.
                        Regards

Comment

Hello, I am new to the forum. I love to troubleshoot and fix things. My wife says I just don't want to throw things away, she want me to buy new stuff.

Cheers to you all! Mike

Comment

Hi, I'm Ben from Manchester (England), found this site when trying to fix my Samsung TV.

Comment

Hi everyone! i am lloking for lcd monitor repair info.

Comment

stantom49
                                My Country USA
                                I am a knowledge seeker

Comment

Hi Everyone, I'm from Sydney, Australia. I have found this forum extremely informative in attempting to fix my Samsung 650 series LCD TV which has no power. I studied electronics years ago and have built an AX84 valve guitar amp in the past as well as a few electronics kits.

I will be posting a question very soon as I think I've found the suspect component!

Comment

Hello everyone. I have been interested in Electronics since I was 3 years old. At that time my Dad was going to school for it and later he opened a second hand store and was also fixing TVs. Back then I learned with tubes. Seemed to be easier to fix those TVs because you just looked for the black tube. So I was fixing radios and such by the time I was 6 years old. I messed with stuff here and there but just recently I decided to fix TVs full time. I don't know everything but I am learning pretty fast. Some weeks I fix more than 5 TVs and other weeks something or someone gets in my way, LOL. From my experience Vizio's are the easiest to fix unless they are a smart TV then you have a problem. So I joined this forum to gain knowledge from other experienced TV Techs. Maybe someday soon I will be one of those guys at the top of the list.

Comment

Hello all. I have a computer background (just missed the punch cards by a year--whew!) and still know DOS commands like the back of my hand. Other than a bit of programming and network fun, I enjoy figuring out why things don't work--which is what led me to this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by vince_o View Post
                                        still know DOS commands like the back of my hand.
                                        I had at least since the late 1990s!
                                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

My name is junior

Im am always trying to teach myself new things I live in a community where there are multiple residence. I figured I should take advantage of their ignorance and waste. They are constantly throwing away flat screen plasma and LCD TVs.

I am trying to learn how to diagnose and repair these TVs for personal use I have a big family consisting of five daughters and three sons. Anything I could do to save a buck is always appreciated considering it allows me to do more with them.

Thank you for allowing me into this site and I hope to eventually provide useful information to other members.

Comment

Working...
                                          X