This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello peeps. I'm a UK national but spend a lot of time in foreign parts - mainly Greece where I repair various bits of kit for (mostly) the expat community. I'm a retired electronics engineer who's been involved professionally in everything from radar to computers. These days it tends to be programming stuff but the soldering iron is never far away... :-)

Comment

Hi to all, I'm from New York. I'm working Great Western as Financial economist. I'm glad to be here.

Comment

Hi, i'm from France, interested in computer and electronics. I'm working as a telecommunication engineer (rather network part) and having computer since.... 1986 I think.

Comment

Hello everyone,
          I'm from Venezuela, currently in Dominican Republic. I'm a muscician, in love with electronics. Had some time repairing mobile phones and electronics for myself.

Comment

Evening everyone, Just joined up to do some troubleshooting with a tv I am struggling with. Happy to see some of the internet is still trying to foster a community

Comment

Hey everyone. greetings from Melbourne, Australia.

I run a small repair shop. Looking forward to sharing information with you guys.

Thanks

Comment

Hello my name is Eddie and thanks for the great welcome feels like home already,

well my Quick sum is been learning electronics from on early age tinkering around at the age of 10, always love to take things apart see how they work.
                I have had meany titles automotive/diesel, Petro fuel/systems pos/ dispensing/pumps hardware and electronics computer/networking cabling.

mostly now spent my time building projects bench test tools for repair and repairing old test gear that i may come across, and the pc laptop repair as well.

married with now older kids that still live at home lol but still love them. well hope i didn't put anyone to sleep... if so wake up!

Comment

Hello, My name is Tyler, From Alberta Canada, Old Time TV Tech from the 90s looking for tips on the newer sets. Cheers!

Comment

Hello everyone. I' m Peter from Greece. Your site is amazing. I have found many articles and posts that helped me a lot with any of my issues at a long time of period. Thank you all

Comment

Hello from Ukraine! You have an interesting forum!

Comment

Hello.

I don't know if I'm going To remain active here, but who knows. Definitely seems like the right place to be for what I'm looking for, though!

Comment

Hi to everyone

Comment

Hey there.....I'm Bob from South Africa. Attempting my first laptop repair. Thank you in advance for all the help i am going to need.

Comment

I went to school for electronics and used to be in to it but then switched to computers only. Now getting back into the electronics world because I miss it.

Comment

Hi, My name is Ted and I live in the USA.. Started playing around with pc's in the early 80's and then started building them myself awhile later.. in 2006 I went and got A+ and Network+ certified and worked assembling Server rooms, refurbishing pc's and working the help desk for a little over two years.. I have always enjoyed repairing things but I have mainly worked as a buyer/ buyer planner for companies like AT&T, Lucent Technologies and Gentex corporation after I completed my Bachelors degree in Business back in the late 90's.. I have some knowledge with computers and am now looking to learn Python Programming.. I am 60yrs old and live in a town called Salem in the state of NH.. Look forward to learning more from others and sharing what I know with others. Currently I am fixing a RCA Victor tube tri band radio from 1935-40 for a friend and repairing a Samsung LCD HDTV that I just picked up for free.

Comment

Hello, my name is Luc, I live in Quebec. Retired for 3 years, I worked 36 years as an electronic technician in a factory. I do not speak English, I use the google translator. My main hobby is woodworking and woodturning.

Luc

Comment

Hello!

I'm a physics undergraduate student from Brazil with some knowledge in electronics (as hobbiyst). I found this forum searching for schematics for my notebook motherboard (Dell Inspiron 15 5547), as I have interest in getting a power output while unconnected from AC (and turned off) so I can use it as a power bank.

Although I joined this forum for something specific, I looked around and found a lot of interesting things, so I guess I gonna stay for a little longer

Comment

Nice to be here.
                                      I'm an IT-Developer living in Germany, Bavaria. I'm working on some electronic projects and hope to get promising hints and tips here

Regards
                                      Marty

Comment

Hello! This is Andre! I live in a sunny Spain and love to fix everything! :-)
                                        I am happy to be a part of this community!
                                        Staying in touch!

Comment

Hi all, I'm from The Netherlands. Joined this forum to ask a specific question, but can say that I'm finding all kind of interesting things to read!
                                          Regards,
                                          Justin

Comment

Working...
                                          X