Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What touch screen does the Nextbook 8 tablet Windows 8.1 use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What touch screen does the Nextbook 8 tablet Windows 8.1 use?

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
    I guess this is a long shot but I'm not sure where else to find this data.

Anyone know what touch screen the eFun Nextbook 8 Windows 8.1 tablet uses?

I'm trying to install Linux on this tablet and haven't the vaguest idea what driver to get and install. All of the in-kernel devices don't seem to work, nor the Goodix Touch which is what the eFun Nextbook 10 Windows uses.

If someone has Windows 8.1 running, it'd be great if someone could go into control panel/device manager and pick up the touch screen sensor manufacturer/model/ACPI ID on this machine?

Thanks in advance!
    Whats the model number of your nextbook??

Comment

i guess this is a long shot but i'm not sure where else to find this data.

Anyone know what touch screen the efun nextbook 8 windows 8.1 tablet uses?

I'm trying to install linux on this tablet and haven't the vaguest idea what driver to get and install. All of the in-kernel devices don't seem to work, nor the goodix touch which is what the efun nextbook 10 windows uses.

If someone has windows 8.1 running, it'd be great if someone could go into control panel/device manager and pick up the touch screen sensor manufacturer/model/acpi id on this machine?

Thanks in advance!
      i manged to install android 86 on this machnie and it worked .. Later i did a clean install of windows 8.1 with bing , and found a way of installing all drivers by using offline driver pack and a lenovo driver just for me to get the touch screen working on this nextbook 8

Comment

i guess this is a long shot but i'm not sure where else to find this data.

Anyone know what touch screen the efun nextbook 8 windows 8.1 tablet uses?

I'm trying to install linux on this tablet and haven't the vaguest idea what driver to get and install. All of the in-kernel devices don't seem to work, nor the goodix touch which is what the efun nextbook 10 windows uses.

If someone has windows 8.1 running, it'd be great if someone could go into control panel/device manager and pick up the touch screen sensor manufacturer/model/acpi id on this machine?

Thanks in advance!
        bro do you have the bios bin for the nextbook?? I seriously need it

Comment

Originally posted by musanide View Post
          i manged to install android 86 on this machnie and it worked .. Later i did a clean install of windows 8.1 with bing , and found a way of installing all drivers by using offline driver pack and a lenovo driver just for me to get the touch screen working on this nextbook 8
          Hey man,
          can you explain how you installed all drivers by using offline driver pack?
          i am having the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallukardy View Post
            Hey man,
            can you explain how you installed all drivers by using offline driver pack?
            i am having the same problem.
            sorry i don't know were to turn on notifications for posts on this forum,
            but i bricked my Bios on my nextbook tablet so am looking for a Bin file, hence have not touched the Tablet for some time now... but if i remember you should start with a Kionix KXTJ9 3-axis accelerometer SPB driver then you can install the rest of the drivers...inbox me if this doesn't work, because i cant see notifications for this thread
            Last edited by musanide; 02-20-2023, 06:13 AM.

Comment

ok so i have manged to repair my bricked tablet and i tried to install windows again and it worked, ok you start by installing the lenovo drivers(i tired to upload the file here but its failing to, my guess its coz of the size , but you download from lenovo website, the name is__gthm19ww__ ) for z3700 atom cpu then from there you start using driverpack to install the drivers you have to be install in a sequence ,like for touch to work you should install power management

Comment

Working...
              X